I'm considering buying a Wii U before Christmas

#11Motobug321Posted 10/8/2013 6:36:54 AM
stekim40 posted...
DON'T!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm trying to save you money here. I'm not saying go buy this console or that console, just avoid buying a U.

I bought one very soon after release and yes I bought it because I love nintendo games but the console is a HUGE flop.. shops are now refusing to stock it, its dead and a real mess.

The lack of 'decent' games and REALLY bad wii emulation mode got me to sell mine, I'm now simple playing wii games on my old wii, which actually looks 30%+ better than on the wii u.

also bought Pikmin 3, waited years for it.. very let down by the short and substandard game :(

Seriously, think twice about buying this white elephant before buying. I'm very glad I 'eventually' managed to sell mine.

Wow, you're really overreacting.

First of all, what are you talking about lack of "decent" games? There's NSMBU/NSLU, Nintendo Land, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Zombi U, LEGO City Undercover, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, etc. Just because you don't enjoy those games doesn't mean he won't either.

Also, what are you talking about bad Wii emulation? It's literally exactly the same as the original Wii with no changes what so ever. If I'm missing something, please tell me, cuz I have no clue what you're talking about.
#12TheLFCRover(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 6:54:25 AM
Hi guys.

I've decided now to pre-order a PS4 but I'm hoping to pick up a Wii U early next year, hopefully during the sales.

Although the Wii U might not be a commercial success so far, just remember neither was the GameCube and to me, that was one of the greatest consoles of all time. Nintendo's success with the 3DS will see them through this gen should the Wii U struggle.
---
Liverpool Football Club
You'll Never Walk Alone
#13MilesTeg420Posted 10/8/2013 6:57:34 AM
If Wii U is still struggling by black friday (it will be) there ought to be some great deals out there.
#14jackorhoadsPosted 10/8/2013 7:02:09 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
Sorry if I'm being an uncultured idiot here, but do they have any sort of Black Friday/Cyber Monday type deals in the UK before Christmas?

We don't normally get Black Friday but the past 2 years Amazon.uk has done flash deals (like on the US website). Some are great and some are...not so great.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#15boxster233Posted 10/8/2013 8:10:01 AM
TheLFCRover posted...
I've currently got a PS3 but will be waiting until next year to get a PS4 next year once they come with a larger hard drive.

I love Nintendo games but I didn't really spend much time on the Wii. The games didn't seem to appeal to me like they used to. I like the looks of the Wii U and I've heard great things about the console and games, apart from a short controller battery life.

I'm from the UK and considering buying a bundle which includes Zelda: Wind Waker (download code), New Super Luigi U, and Zombi U for 280 British pounds. I would also probably have to buy Nintendo Land seperate.

Is now a good time to invest in the console and how is the e-shop and Miiverse? Do games have trophies or achievements and can you download software such as the weather and news channel as I loved them on the original Wii?

Many thanks.

It was a good time to invest in used versions of the console a few months ago. Now you're buying it as sales of the console are going to be ramping up. As far as games, it's going to be a great time.
#16Darth_ElusivePosted 10/8/2013 8:20:50 AM
TheLFCRover posted...
Hi guys.

I've decided now to pre-order a PS4 but I'm hoping to pick up a Wii U early next year, hopefully during the sales.

Although the Wii U might not be a commercial success so far, just remember neither was the GameCube and to me, that was one of the greatest consoles of all time. Nintendo's success with the 3DS will see them through this gen should the Wii U struggle.

Like I said before, don't buy the Wii U now. As a gamer and a PS3 owner, I think you should not buy the PS4 so soon unless the launch titles are really must have for you.

You seem to have cash to spare, but spend wisely. During the first year, PS4 won't have game selection better than those on the Wii U.
---
Forget about XBOX One. This is my XBOX720: i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Yakuza 5, Bioshock Infinite
#17Pink_a_DinkPosted 10/8/2013 8:23:29 AM
You should never buy a new console at launch. But that's just my opinion.
---
Xat.com/heartless_house <-- Come chat with us! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0Qgy6gv_4 <-- That is all.