Nintendo wants the Wii U to be the console every developer wants to publish on

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo wants the Wii U to be the console every developer wants to publish on

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
3 years ago#1
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/nintendo_wants_wii_u_to_be_the_console_that_every_developer_wants_to_publish_on

Also mentioned a lot more games will be coming to the console in 2014.
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996

User Info: GPRailroad

GPRailroad
3 years ago#2
A little late to start stating the obvious, Nintendo.
Nickelodeon (n): An insult to TV animation; an embarrassment to mainstream cartoons since 2005.
Antonyms: Cartoon Network

User Info: HorrorSindicate

HorrorSindicate
3 years ago#3
I want all kinds of things but unless I put in the effort I'm probably fooling myself. Nintendo's current console is too unique to attract many third parties.

They've currently got platinum and Atlus so I'm good.
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder

User Info: Vyers

Vyers
3 years ago#4
Then they should have designed a console that was far and away better than PS360 with more storage, more standard controller options, and a better digital presence.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!

User Info: BoomerTheGreat

BoomerTheGreat
3 years ago#5
Vyers posted...
Then they should have designed a console that was far and away better than PS360 with more storage, more standard controller options, and a better digital presence.

I am almost positive you dont own a Wii U or have played one.
Greatness comes from within

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
3 years ago#6
Vyers posted...

Since you already stated more storage, what does "better digital presence" mean? Nintendo's already doing a lot to push digital sales.
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz

User Info: White_Knight13

White_Knight13
3 years ago#7
Banjo2553 posted...
Vyers posted...

Since you already stated more storage, what does "better digital presence" mean? Nintendo's already doing a lot to push digital sales.

I believe he's talking about online capabilities and structure.

User Info: Neo_Heartless

Neo_Heartless
3 years ago#8
White_Knight13 posted...

I believe he's talking about online capabilities and structure.

True. They seem to be working on it, but these things don't pop up overnight, and looking at PSN and XBL, it's a commitment that takes years of refinement.
[Wubeth Intensifies]

User Info: Vyers

Vyers
3 years ago#9
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Vyers posted...

I am almost positive you dont own a Wii U or have played one.

Actually...

New Super Mario Bros. U (I even streamed my friend and I playing and unboxing the thing the first day we had it)
ZombiU (bought it off GameFly for about $20)
Nintendo Land (favourite has to be Animal Crossing or Mario Chase)
EarthBound (how could I resist?)
Little Inferno (having played it on the PC I still managed to go through it again with the same level of fun)
Mighty Switch Force! (even have more readily available proof of that; it, Little Inferno, and Rayman Legends Challenge Run are on my channel if you actually need me to provide visual demonstration.)
Toki Tori 2 (haven't touched it much, but it's fantastique)
And some other games that I cannot list because I don't have the Wii U with me.

If your only argument against Wii U criticism is "they probably haven't played it," you're simply admitting the points made.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!

User Info: Asuir

Asuir
3 years ago#10
Yes, the biggest weakness for Nintendo right now would be their weak internet infrastructure.

It'll also take a generation (based on what we've seen so far) for them to reach a point where it'll be "good". They'll be two steps behind Microsoft and one step behind Sony in this regard though.
Ftw!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo wants the Wii U to be the console every developer wants to publish on

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived