Nintendo wants the Wii U to be the console every developer wants to publish on

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo wants the Wii U to be the console every developer wants to publish on
2 years ago#31
If i was nintendo i'd wish for that, too. But a wish is all it would be. Developers want nothing to do with this thing and havent from the start. Nintendo saying this now is stupid. They shouldve designed for that from the start 3 or 4 years ago. Which, coincidently, is around the same time they should have been figuring out hd development as well as the titles we're getting now for christmas and Q1, that shouldve been there on launch day 1.

Wiiu is easily the most restrictive console i've ever owned from a social petspective. Online is an after thought, the eshop is an unorganized joke that doesnt even have spots for games that arent 'top sellers' and the procontroller doesnt even have a mic line in jack.

Add that to the fact that their year headstart has got us nothing but a sidescrolling mario we'd just got 3 of, a pikman sequel and two minigame assortments no one asked for and i cant help but wonder why iwata still has a job--Hell, even the games we ARE getting now were probably thrown together starting 6 months ago just like windwaker.

I mean, seriously, i obviously support nintendo as i bought wiiu on day one, but what the f have they been doing since abandoning the wii three years ago? This is ridiculous.
---
---
2 years ago#32
b1gt0ne posted...
Vyers posted...
Then they should have designed a console that was far and away better than PS360 with more storage, more standard controller options, and a better digital presence.

lol of the day

Wait, so you feel that Nintendo should not have designed a console that developers could more easily make multi-console games for, that they shouldn't have given the console more storage, that the console should have required a controller that is rarely valuable for a game's quality, and shouldn't have better digital presence?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
2 years ago#33
b1gt0ne posted...
Vyers posted...
Then they should have designed a console that was far and away better than PS360 with more storage, more standard controller options, and a better digital presence.

lol of the day

More like most truthful post of the day.
2 years ago#34
Vyers posted...

No, then we'd have three identical consoles competing in the same space. It would be stupid. We've come to a point in consoles where the best performance hardware wise comes from shelf parts. The result is that consoles won't be internally different enough to justify exclusives for each console. So external hardware options and differing features are necessary to have differentiated products.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
2 years ago#35
What are you talking about? Of course we wouldn't have the same consoles. Wii U would still have motion control. It would have that Nintendo element. It would have a friendly indie scene. The only thing that I mentioned that would take its uniqueness away is the controller, which can still be used but as an -optional- thing.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
2 years ago#36
LenanKuras posted...
I find it funny that many people mention the fact that wii u needed more storage. Yet this group of people always buy physical copies.

If the WiiU offered more physical space than I'm sure those who are interested in going all digital would more likely go that route but at the same time I am not too fond of system tied purchases. I almost bought a Zelda bundle the other day and give me two week purchased used EBay to my girl but seeing as there is no way of transferring my digital Zelda and a couple arcade type games I decided not to.
---
Steam, Xbox 360, Ps3, WiiU, Origin, Battlenet Username = CyDetrakD (all across the board)
2 years ago#37
Vyers posted...
What are you talking about? Of course we wouldn't have the same consoles. Wii U would still have motion control. It would have that Nintendo element. It would have a friendly indie scene. The only thing that I mentioned that would take its uniqueness away is the controller, which can still be used but as an -optional- thing.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted Nintendo to make a powerful X86 online console with just the pro controller. So a Nintendo branded PS4. You just want a more powerful Wii with motion plus.

That's fair. I think the Gamepad was a bad idea from the start anyway.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
2 years ago#38
It will be. Or at least it will be the console every bankrupt developer regrets not publishing on when their games fail to sell the required 10 million copies on PS4 and XBO in order to break even.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
2 years ago#39
iKhan88 posted...
Vyers posted...

No, then we'd have three identical consoles competing in the same space. It would be stupid. We've come to a point in consoles where the best performance hardware wise comes from shelf parts. The result is that consoles won't be internally different enough to justify exclusives for each console. So external hardware options and differing features are necessary to have differentiated products.

How would Wii U internal components being on par with XO make it identical? would the Wii U gamepad and first party cease to exist to you for some reason?

You dont make sense there. We've come to a point in consoles where the best performance hardware wise is the #1 factor that attracts developer support.

This is no theory, its proof. Its very easy and efficient to make a multiplatform port when the target platforms have SIMILAR specs, not lower specs. i.e. Kingdom Hearts 3. Fanboys say this is laziness, but its why an oddball console like Xbox One with no KH fanbase ended up getting the game.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif
2 years ago#40
Vyers posted...
Baha05 posted...
Asuir posted...
Yes, the biggest weakness for Nintendo right now would be their weak internet infrastructure.

It'll also take a generation (based on what we've seen so far) for them to reach a point where it'll be "good". They'll be two steps behind Microsoft and one step behind Sony in this regard though.

While it it behind it's not THAT behind. Really they only need to tweak two things:

Account System
Friend List & Messages

There's much more than that, though those are probably the two key problems.

The sales are nice, but they are FAR too infrequent and/or uninteresting. Sony has more than a dozen games on sale every single week man

because it is the end of the ps3's life. Seriously the lack of common sense from sony fanboys is astounding, but i digress.
Account system and the way friend list is handled is the only 2 problems. Things that can be fixed with updates. In fact wasnt the account system fixed already?
---
Making gamefaqs a better place by ignoring 1 ignorant user at a time : )
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo wants the Wii U to be the console every developer wants to publish on

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived