So F-Zero isn't worth pursuing, but Kid Icarus is?

#1GencoilPosted 10/8/2013 6:43:34 AM(edited)
I don't understand Nintendo's logic. They don't consider F-Zero worth the time and effort, yet they revived a series that had been dead for 25 years (EDIT: Ok, so it's 21 years. That's still a very long time). Just what is it that makes Kid Icarus a more profitable idea? Is it the novelty of seeing such an old series come back? Or because Kid Icarus was in Brawl?

By the way, I'm not saying Kid Icarus Uprising was a bad idea. I loved that game. I'm just pointing out how Nintendo contradict themselves. If they can take a chance with Kid Icarus, why not F-Zero?
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#2rizsparkyPosted 10/8/2013 6:11:05 AM
They think that F-Zero is a franchise that they can't invigorate. However, I would be happy with a GX HD update.
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987 ACNL: Riz from Duskwind
PSN: Rizsparky
#3BoomerTheGreatPosted 10/8/2013 6:16:09 AM
You never know it might come back. Especially if fans ask for it.
---
Greatness comes from within
#4FieldTornOutlawPosted 10/8/2013 6:20:05 AM
GX was probably one of the games I played the most on GC...

Unlocking all the custom parts was a *****.

Would love ANY F-Zero game over Kid Icarus, I put a whopping 5 or 6 hours into KI:U and just couldn't stand it anymore.

F-Zero and Metroid for Wii U 2014!!!!!!
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328
#5EndgamePosted 10/8/2013 6:48:29 AM
By the way, I'm not saying Kid Icarus Uprising was a bad idea.

why wasn't one of the absolute worst games ever produced a bad idea?
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6MilesTeg420Posted 10/8/2013 6:54:00 AM
Pretty sure after the mediocre sales and probably relatively high dev cost (for a 3DS game) we won't be seeing a new Kid Icarus in quite some time.
#7Motobug321Posted 10/8/2013 7:02:02 AM
Endgame posted...
By the way, I'm not saying Kid Icarus Uprising was a bad idea.

why wasn't one of the absolute worst games ever produced a bad idea?

That's entirely an opinion. Kid Icarus Uprising is one of my top 5 games of all time.
#8Motobug321Posted 10/8/2013 7:03:51 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Pretty sure after the mediocre sales and probably relatively high dev cost (for a 3DS game) we won't be seeing a new Kid Icarus in quite some time.

Hasn't the game already sold well over a million? That's pretty good for a series that hasn't been seen in 25 years.
#9MilesTeg420Posted 10/8/2013 7:05:25 AM
Motobug321 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

Hasn't the game already sold well over a million? That's pretty good for a series that hasn't been seen in 25 years.

Not sure but the game is really cheap, not typical for Nintendo first party games. Which means it probably didn't do as well as expected.
#10Motobug321Posted 10/8/2013 7:06:35 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Motobug321 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

Not sure but the game is really cheap, not typical for Nintendo first party games. Which means it probably didn't do as well as expected.

Hmm, I suppose that makes sense.