So...Wonderful 101?

#31MotiJrPosted 10/9/2013 3:00:59 AM
HermeticJustice posted...
If only there was an option that people who never played the game couldn't talk about it

That's one of the benefits of miiverse. You can tell who had played and who hasn't.

I love the game and it could be my GOTY easily. I love GTA and TLOU had been pretty mediocre so far but this game is on another level entirely. Never a dull moment, excellent controls that only an idiot would struggle with (seriously there is nothing wrong with the controls), great difficulty and challenge and refreshing gameplay mechanics.

This game deserves so much more than it got from gaming sites. Unfortunately, a Wii U game is doomed to failure simply because it is already tarnished by pre conceived notions even before being played. Sad, really.
---
I'm incredibly blunt so if the truth offends you, get in your bubble and blow away. No time to be fake and sugar coat things. You get offended, you deserved it
#32Skill4ReelPosted 10/9/2013 3:01:34 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...

If it weren't, why isn't this "quality" game selling better? Even the most devout fanboys won't touch it. That speaks volumes.

Fanboys of what? Nintendo. A Nintendo fanboy would have even more reason to stay away as Nintendo did not create The Wonderful 101. Nether have they ever developed any action game similar to it.

Let's also factor in the mainstream advertising that The Wonderful 101 did not receive. The lukewarm coverage that it got from mainstream gaming websites and publications before it was released. Most million sellers usually get all of these benefits, and great reviews to boot. Which imo people should be questioning, but we will save that discussion for when you guys are older. The fact that TW101 is an off beat, not realistic looking, sometimes hard as nails action adventure which is the kind of game that usually appeals to a small audience anyways.

Hell, by some of your assessments. That must mean Dragon's Crown is a pretty poor quality game too. Judging by the sales of that on other platforms compared to much more popular games.
#33LordrvPosted 10/9/2013 3:12:53 AM
Laughable 101 is a flop. Who could have foreseen this?? I'm betting Bayonetta 2 will flop hard on the Wii U also. Honestly, I don't know what P* was thinking, wasting their talent on a Nintendo system. They should be working on cutting edge action games for true next gen platforms.
#34GencoilPosted 10/9/2013 3:19:36 AM
Lordrv posted...
Laughable 101 is a flop. Who could have foreseen this?? I'm betting Bayonetta 2 will flop hard on the Wii U also. Honestly, I don't know what P* was thinking, wasting their talent on a Nintendo system. They should be working on cutting edge action games for true next gen platforms.

Did you play the game or are you simply calling it "laughable" because it flopped?
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#35LordrvPosted 10/9/2013 3:38:18 AM
Gencoil posted...
Lordrv posted...

Did you play the game or are you simply calling it "laughable" because it flopped?

I call it laughable because Kamiya's twitter followers called it out even before it released lol.
#36nonexistingheroPosted 10/9/2013 4:37:15 AM
robomagon posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
robomagon posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Poor sales, no critical acclaim, but an amazing game right up there with PG's best games. The main problem with the reviews of this game is that reviewers suck (in terms of skill), have no reading comprehension, no common sense and aren't playing it the way they should (expecting handholding when it's the kind of game where you figure stuff out, use button mashing and simple drawing rather than trying to learn the deep mechanics, focus on offense and don't give a f*** about dodging, etc).

So your answer to every low review score is ad hominem?

Noted.

Maybe you should do some f***ing research -__-
You'll come to realize why reviewers are absolutely horrible at their jobs in general. Probably the only reason why they ended up as a game journalist is because they didn't cut it as a real journalist.

Says the guy who just dismisses research when he doesn't like what he finds.....

Am I glad there's a special feature for ignorant guys like you.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.