Wii VC Games on SD Can't Be Moved to Wii U Wii System?

#1JaydeWizPosted 10/8/2013 10:45:33 PM
I wonder if that made any sense...

Anyway, I had/have a Wii. From it, I had a number of VC games saved to an SD card. Is there a way to take the SD card out of the Wii, put it in the Wii U, go into the Wii portion of the Wii U and copy them to the new system?

When I tried doing this from inside the Wii U's Wii menu, it says "this title cannot be copied to the Wii."

Do I have to just go to the shop channel through the Wii U's Wii menu and re-download them, or is there another way?
---
AC:NL Dream Code: 4100-2241-0205; Friend Code: 4210-4123-5953
JaydeWizard's "Let's Play Channel" http://www.youtube.com/user/jaydeWizard?feature=mhum
#2SalogyPosted 10/8/2013 10:47:06 PM
JaydeWiz posted...
I wonder if that made any sense...

Anyway, I had/have a Wii. From it, I had a number of VC games saved to an SD card. Is there a way to take the SD card out of the Wii, put it in the Wii U, go into the Wii portion of the Wii U and copy them to the new system?

When I tried doing this from inside the Wii U's Wii menu, it says "this title cannot be copied to the Wii."

Do I have to just go to the shop channel through the Wii U's Wii menu and re-download them, or is there another way?

Games are not tied to an SD card. Why don't people get this?! They're tied to the system, you need to download the transfer app. If you sold your Wii already you are screwed.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#3Kart_KrazyPosted 10/8/2013 10:47:52 PM
You need to do a system transfer. Download the tool on the Wii and on vWii (Virtual Wii on the Wii U), and transfer your software from Wii to vWii.

You can't just copy games from a system and expect it to work on other systems. That screams piracy.
---
3DS: 5284-1428-8156 (Sammy); NNID: YearOfTheWooster
Play/msg me! Luigi's Mansion (2*file), Kid Icarus (I play a mean bear claws), and Animal Crossing!
#4JaydeWiz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 10:48:46 PM
I know about the system transfer, but for some reason it only just occured to me that the Wii U has no way of knowing what I've previously downloaded for my old wii.

I guess my new question is this, can I do a partial system transfer and only copy over the Wii's VC games, or is it an all or nothing deal?
---
AC:NL Dream Code: 4100-2241-0205; Friend Code: 4210-4123-5953
JaydeWizard's "Let's Play Channel" http://www.youtube.com/user/jaydeWizard?feature=mhum
#5hrodwulfPosted 10/8/2013 11:42:38 PM
All or nothing dude.
#6vectorman5Posted 10/9/2013 12:06:21 AM
It's bs, but at least it's still better than what 360/PS3 owners are getting.
---
Five years ago we were sick of all the Mega Man games. Now we can't get one to finish development.