It's been nearly a year now, whats your opinion on the gamepad (early adopters)?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. It's been nearly a year now, whats your opinion on the gamepad (early adopters)?
3 years ago#1
Me?

It's is annoying.
I get it, and i appreciate the new experience....

but its still annoying. it's just so cumbersome to sit like that.
It really shouldn't have been the 'required controller' for the console.

wii remote > gamepad

oh, off tv play is nice...but i can't seem to play long sessions with a gamepad.
pro controller + tv > off tv play as far as comfortability goes.

the browser and movie streaming is the primary use for the gamepad because 1) i don't interact with much and 2) its not in two different fields of vision.
3 years ago#2
Sit like what? You cant hold the gamepad like a normal controller? I don't see an issue with it at all. Its not heavy. Its not too big either.
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
3 years ago#3
blankempathy posted...
Sit like what? You cant hold the gamepad like a normal controller? I don't see an issue with it at all. Its not heavy. Its not too big either.

its in my lap... >_>
normally i'd hold a controller close to my chest with the power of arm rest or let it hang...
but i don't want to drop the gamepad...

...so lap.

its a weird feeling to describe
3 years ago#4
YoyokuKO posted...
blankempathy posted...

its in my lap... >_>
normally i'd hold a controller close to my chest with the power of arm rest.

But why lol? I just dont see how you cant hold it to your chest or rest it on your chest while you play. I do it all the time.
3 years ago#5
because then i'd have to shift the weight to another hand to get the stylus and...

its weird to me okay?!
3 years ago#6
It's pretty cool. It's light enough not to bother me, probably close to the weight of a 3DS XL, maybe a little lighter. The ridge along the back and grips on the lower right and left of the back are comfortable and provide a secure hold. The screen is clear and vivid. I was surprised and impressed when I learned that there are IR lights to the right and left of the camera, providing a built in sensor bar for when playing Wii games viewed on the gamepad, a function only recently added.

Analog triggers would have been a good idea, but aside from that, I'm very satisfied with the controller. Wii Remotes were also good, and I appreciate the system being compatible with them.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
3 years ago#7
YoyokuKO posted...
because then i'd have to shift the weight to another hand to get the stylus and...

its weird to me okay?!

Apparently. To each their own. I have no issues holding it so I can't complain.
3 years ago#8
I absolutely love the gamepad it has made gaming in my house so much nicer thanks to off tv play now i can enjoy my games at night and not anger my Gf lol.
FFXIV: Sir Gaiaknight, Server: Midgardsormr
NNI: Gaiaknight PSN: FFXIGaiaknight
3 years ago#9
Off TV play rocks, so I'd choose GamePad over any other controller any day.
Other than Off TV, its just a normal controller with a screen in the middle. Its not heavy, its not bulky. Its a great controller in my opinion.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
3 years ago#10
I like it, it's handy for off-tv play, although I've yet to see a good use for it to supplement tv play.

If Nintendo could get the rest of the console up to scratch then I'd be more inclined to use the Wii U.
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. It's been nearly a year now, whats your opinion on the gamepad (early adopters)?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived