It's been nearly a year now, whats your opinion on the gamepad (early adopters)?

#1YoyokuKOPosted 10/9/2013 2:38:09 AM(edited)
Me?

It's is annoying.
I get it, and i appreciate the new experience....

but its still annoying. it's just so cumbersome to sit like that.
It really shouldn't have been the 'required controller' for the console.

wii remote > gamepad

oh, off tv play is nice...but i can't seem to play long sessions with a gamepad.
pro controller + tv > off tv play as far as comfortability goes.

the browser and movie streaming is the primary use for the gamepad because 1) i don't interact with much and 2) its not in two different fields of vision.
#2blankempathyPosted 10/9/2013 2:41:26 AM
Sit like what? You cant hold the gamepad like a normal controller? I don't see an issue with it at all. Its not heavy. Its not too big either.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#3YoyokuKO(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 2:46:34 AM(edited)
blankempathy posted...
Sit like what? You cant hold the gamepad like a normal controller? I don't see an issue with it at all. Its not heavy. Its not too big either.

its in my lap... >_>
normally i'd hold a controller close to my chest with the power of arm rest or let it hang...
but i don't want to drop the gamepad...

...so lap.

its a weird feeling to describe
#4blankempathyPosted 10/9/2013 2:46:54 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
blankempathy posted...

its in my lap... >_>
normally i'd hold a controller close to my chest with the power of arm rest.

But why lol? I just dont see how you cant hold it to your chest or rest it on your chest while you play. I do it all the time.
---
#5YoyokuKO(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 2:48:47 AM
because then i'd have to shift the weight to another hand to get the stylus and...

its weird to me okay?!
#6Shadowbird_RHPosted 10/9/2013 2:49:19 AM
It's pretty cool. It's light enough not to bother me, probably close to the weight of a 3DS XL, maybe a little lighter. The ridge along the back and grips on the lower right and left of the back are comfortable and provide a secure hold. The screen is clear and vivid. I was surprised and impressed when I learned that there are IR lights to the right and left of the camera, providing a built in sensor bar for when playing Wii games viewed on the gamepad, a function only recently added.

Analog triggers would have been a good idea, but aside from that, I'm very satisfied with the controller. Wii Remotes were also good, and I appreciate the system being compatible with them.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#7blankempathyPosted 10/9/2013 2:50:17 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
because then i'd have to shift the weight to another hand to get the stylus and...

its weird to me okay?!

Apparently. To each their own. I have no issues holding it so I can't complain.
---
#8FFXIgaiaknightPosted 10/9/2013 2:50:54 AM
I absolutely love the gamepad it has made gaming in my house so much nicer thanks to off tv play now i can enjoy my games at night and not anger my Gf lol.
---
FFXIV: Sir Gaiaknight, Server: Midgardsormr
NNI: Gaiaknight PSN: FFXIGaiaknight
#9dezmomoPosted 10/9/2013 2:53:43 AM
Off TV play rocks, so I'd choose GamePad over any other controller any day.
Other than Off TV, its just a normal controller with a screen in the middle. Its not heavy, its not bulky. Its a great controller in my opinion.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#10mcsmellingtonPosted 10/9/2013 3:25:23 AM
I like it, it's handy for off-tv play, although I've yet to see a good use for it to supplement tv play.

If Nintendo could get the rest of the console up to scratch then I'd be more inclined to use the Wii U.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington