It's been nearly a year now, whats your opinion on the gamepad (early adopters)?

#11GDoobahPosted 10/9/2013 3:35:40 AM
I love it and am looking forward to more unique experiences with it.
---
NNID & PSN : GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/DzyHcJF.jpg
#12STN79Posted 10/9/2013 3:46:16 AM
Ever since i first held the gamepad i was surprised at how light and comfortable it is! It's great for when you just wanna relax and kick back with a good game! I find myself playing off TV more than anything. Plus I can lay back on my couch while browsing the internet and it even runs better than the browser on my computer! So to sum it up the Gamepad just might be my favorite Nintendo controller ever!
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#13ChipChippersonPosted 10/9/2013 3:54:33 AM
I love it, for me it's far more comfortable than a standard controller now.
---
We got no food, no jobs... our PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!
#14MotiJrPosted 10/9/2013 4:02:05 AM(edited)
Love it. Great controller with good weight to it. Chunky enough for my big hands yet light enough that it doesn't feel tiring. off tv play is genius and when implemented well, even simple uses such as map and inventory are excellent. I too do not understand how you struggle to hold it to your chest comfortably TC. I would ask more but clearly it's a touchy subject for you.
---
I'm incredibly blunt so if the truth offends you, get in your bubble and blow away. No time to be fake and sugar coat things. You get offended, you deserved it
#15YuiSenpaiPosted 10/9/2013 3:58:37 AM
I think it's really surprisingly comfy. It doesn't look like it, but I'll be damned if it aint. I'm still waiting for a game that really puts it to good use though, and the battery sucks. I don't really use off-TV play but I can see why others love it.

Still, I really like it. I'm tempted to pick up one of those Pro Controller things though.
#16desert_santaPosted 10/9/2013 4:01:45 AM
Generally like it.

Great to play off tv.

Some interesting ways developers have taken advantage of it.

Hate the battery life with a passion, but I used to play with wired controllers once upon a time so guess I can adjust eventually.

Wish more developers would be more creative with the pad.
#17RiaanYsterPosted 10/9/2013 4:02:04 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
blankempathy posted...
Sit like what? You cant hold the gamepad like a normal controller? I don't see an issue with it at all. Its not heavy. Its not too big either.

its in my lap... >_>
normally i'd hold a controller close to my chest with the power of arm rest or let it hang...
but i don't want to drop the gamepad...

...so lap.

its a weird feeling to describe

Please explain to me how you hold the wiiMote (which you reckon is a better controller) close to your chest 'with the power of arm rest'?

Personally i find it an indictment to gamers as a whole how anti change even if it is an improvement they/we are.
#18Ben ReillyPosted 10/9/2013 4:02:09 AM
It's a waste of time and money

So far no games definitely not Nintendo games do anything worthwhile with it.

It's a joke and its nothing but a map/item screen or its duplicating what I already see on screen, which is pointless.

Sure off TV play is nice, but it's irrelevant especially if you have multiple TVs in your home and it has nothing to do with game play, and is a feature that can be and will be replicated on other consoles.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#19Skill4ReelPosted 10/9/2013 4:14:08 AM
It's my favorite current video game controller. Which is why I wish every game that I'm interested in was coming to the Wii U.
#20NeoSamuelPosted 10/9/2013 4:50:56 AM
It's alright. I just use it to play Earthbound in my bedroom (Wii U is set up in the living room) right now. Waiting for Sonic Lost Worlds.
---
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!