What company's system out of the big three do you have the most fun with?

#1fon1988Posted 10/9/2013 8:22:02 AM
Pick one, please. - Results (172 votes)
Nintendo
69.19% (119 votes)
Microsoft
4.65% (8 votes)
Sony
26.16% (45 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's forget sales numbers, third party support problems, etc, for a moment and just discuss which company, and why, do you have the most fun with?

For me personally, it's Nintendo. From the NES to Wii U and Gameboy to 3DS, they have produced the most fun games, and have had the most fun games released on their systems and handhelds.

You just can't beat stuff like Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Kirby, Wave Race, FZero, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, etc, in my opinion.
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#2jrb363Posted 10/9/2013 8:33:24 AM
10 years ago it would have definitely been Nintendo.

However, as I've gotten older I've wanted more mature story-based games and Sony fits that need perfectly. I love their 1st and 2nd party games such as Uncharted, TLOU, God of War, etc. They also have some family-friendly games like Playstaiton All-Stars and Little Big Planet.

Nintendo will always be important to me and I still enjoy their games and systems alongside Playstation. However, due to 3rd party support Sony gets the majority of my gaming time at the moment.
---
Mod: Preaching about black people's values, or lack thereof, is not going to win you any awards around here.
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 10/9/2013 8:39:10 AM
Yeah, this poll isn't going to have an obvious outcome.
#4lordjersPosted 10/9/2013 9:01:00 AM
10 years ago it would have definitely been Nintendo.

Sounds like me 10 years ago =P
---
Science and Religion can be great friends. However, they make up for an awful marriage.
Top CVs: CV, CV III, SCV IV, CotM, CV 64
#5SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/9/2013 9:18:54 AM
Nintendo as the games unique to their console I almost always find extremely fun outside of a few minor exceptions like Metroid Other M or Fzero GX.

I've tried PS2 & 3 along with xbox 360 games, and honestly I don't see them as being fun or replayable. Sure they have that gritty looking shooter feel, but honestly I've only liked futuristic shooters like UT that didn't pretend to have any basis in reality, but I guess that is because I play video games to escape from the drab color scenes of reality, not go to something that looks like its outside my window...
#6arvilinoPosted 10/9/2013 9:36:20 AM
Nintendo easily, I think the only time it wasn't was with the PS2 where the system had such a big variety of games that it overshadowed the Gamecube for me atleast(though I'm discluding Nintendo handhelds from this).
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#7The_HyphenatorPosted 10/9/2013 9:39:17 AM
If I'd been asked this question a generation ago, I probably would have said Sony. When I left home for college, I left my Gamecube with my younger brother (who had always played it more than me anyway), and took my PS2 and recently-acquired Xbox with me. Most of my memorable gaming experiences from that time were on PS2 titles.

But towards the end of the 6th generation, I really started to get burned out on gaming. I don't know if I was just starting to get tired of playing lots of PS2 JRPGs, or if I was just starting to see gaming genres I loved drowned out by the burgeoning military FPS craze, or if it was a personal thing, but I was getting really tired of it. A new console generation was just around the corner and for the first time, I really wasn't excited for it.

And then the Wii came out. I ended up getting one on launch day through an odd set of circumstances, and it really ended up revitalizing my interest in games. The introduction of motion controls and a bunch of simpler, arcade-style games reminded me of what I'd been missing, playing 60-hour story-driven game after 60-hour story-driven game on my PS2; I'd been missing fun. Games had stopped being fun for me and become a chore, something I did because I had nothing else better to do, rather than something I did because I loved it.

And while I did get a PS3 and a 360, and I did play some great games on those systems, to this day I've still clocked more hours on my original Wii than either of them. After releasing a few really great games like Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey, Microsoft just gave up on making games I was interested in, and Sony started to head more in the same direction as the generation went on. But the Wii continued to get fun games I enjoyed playing throughout its life, and this coming generation is looking to be more of the same; Sony providing "cinematic experiences," Microsoft providing dudebro shooters and sports titles, and Nintendo providing games I actually want to play. That could always change, but I doubt it will.
#8fon1988(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 9:41:35 AM
The_Hyphenator posted...
If I'd been asked this question a generation ago, I probably would have said Sony. When I left home for college, I left my Gamecube with my younger brother (who had always played it more than me anyway), and took my PS2 and recently-acquired Xbox with me. Most of my memorable gaming experiences from that time were on PS2 titles.

But towards the end of the 6th generation, I really started to get burned out on gaming. I don't know if I was just starting to get tired of playing lots of PS2 JRPGs, or if I was just starting to see gaming genres I loved drowned out by the burgeoning military FPS craze, or if it was a personal thing, but I was getting really tired of it. A new console generation was just around the corner and for the first time, I really wasn't excited for it.

And then the Wii came out. I ended up getting one on launch day through an odd set of circumstances, and it really ended up revitalizing my interest in games. The introduction of motion controls and a bunch of simpler, arcade-style games reminded me of what I'd been missing, playing 60-hour story-driven game after 60-hour story-driven game on my PS2; I'd been missing fun. Games had stopped being fun for me and become a chore, something I did because I had nothing else better to do, rather than something I did because I loved it.

And while I did get a PS3 and a 360, and I did play some great games on those systems, to this day I've still clocked more hours on my original Wii than either of them. After releasing a few really great games like Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey, Microsoft just gave up on making games I was interested in, and Sony started to head more in the same direction as the generation went on. But the Wii continued to get fun games I enjoyed playing throughout its life, and this coming generation is looking to be more of the same; Sony providing "cinematic experiences," Microsoft providing dudebro shooters and sports titles, and Nintendo providing games I actually want to play. That could always change, but I doubt it will.

That is exactly my problem with the 360 and PS3.

Only a handful of games on the systems were actually fun to me. The rest felt like a chore, or work. Sometimes they could be a little fun but overall I found I wasn't having fun.

The Wii was my go to system last generation. It consistently had fun and quick arcade style games or platformers that were fun and the reason I started to game in the first place.
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#9LaManoNeraIIPosted 10/9/2013 9:45:49 AM
Over the years I've found Nintendo consoles to be irreplaceable. I've also discovered the amazing world of PC gaming early in this gen and this gen, out of my whole life of playing games, I've played less console games as a result. Which is why I have a Wii U now, as I missed out on the Wii.

I would upgrade my PC before I got a Xbone/PS4.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#10imameliaPosted 10/9/2013 9:50:15 AM
NES + SNES + Wii + Wii U > PS1 + PS2, but Sony's systems had some pretty good games as well. (Or at least they did back in the fifth and sixth generation...sadly, pretty much everything I liked on the PS1 and/or PS2 never showed up on the PS3 and has shown no signs so far of doing so on the PS4.)