Games you weren't allowed to play as a kid.

#1MidcorePosted 10/9/2013 1:48:37 PM
The topic is self-explanatory. You can mention any video games you weren't allowed to play as a kid, regardless of the age rating.

For some reason, my parents didn't want me to play Goldeneye or Mortal Kombat on the SNES. Ironically, they had no problem with Judge Dredd on the SNES, which was more violent than both of those games.
---
Gamers: Impossible to satisfy since 1962.
#2WickedSickJoshPosted 10/9/2013 1:51:15 PM
My mom didn't like my playing Mortal Kombat or Duke Nukem, for obvious reasons. However, that didn't stop me from playing them at my friends house.
---
Currently playing: WWE '13 (360), Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Earthbound (Wii U VC)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#3Ryan SiPosted 10/9/2013 1:53:03 PM
My parents (then and now) know next to nothing about video games. I was never told I couldn't play a game.

There were some late-night TV shows I couldn't watch when I was really young, but nothing video game wise.
---
Playing: Grand Theft Auto V (PS3), Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii)
#4WillWarePosted 10/9/2013 1:55:17 PM
My brother wasn't allowed to play Super Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl for quite a long time. It's the only fighting game in the house, and he's not the most well-behaved kid. At a certain point, the situation got so bad that he wasn't even allowed to watch when friends came over and we played it.

The original was fine, since it had a rating of E instead of T. We didn't have it until a couple of years ago, though. We actually used it as leverage for him to play the other games in the series again.
---
I'm not exactly "normal." Hope this isn't a problem.
Welcome to GameFAQs, where we discuss politics and religion... wait.
#5BurgerTime79Posted 10/9/2013 1:59:37 PM
I was already hitting my teens when the rating system was implemented, so there wasn't anything my parents wouldn't allow me to play.
---
Co-host of The Intellivisionaries Podcast
The answer to most questions in FFXIV: DO THE STORY QUESTS!!!
#6cucumberkingPosted 10/9/2013 2:11:04 PM
My parents did their job and raised me correctly, therefore there wasn't any need to shield mature games from me. They knew I wasn't going to go shoot someone just because I would start Goldeneye missions and immediately shoot Natalya in the face.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti
#7NeoSamuelPosted 10/9/2013 2:22:47 PM
Diablo 2
---
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!
#8Luigi4PresidentPosted 10/9/2013 2:23:29 PM
Zelda and Pokémon. I suppose they just never thought I might like them, but I played anyway.
---
In honor of the new season, introducing The Fall of Luigi4President
I don't see what's so bad about the barbarians. What's wrong with a good haircut?
#9Chaos_KreaturePosted 10/9/2013 2:29:35 PM(edited)
I'm 16 and my parents aren't going to let me get, or rather, aren't going to buy me, M-Rated games 'til I'm old enough to meet the age restriction. Literally the first time I even tried a CoD game was Summer after my freshman year of high school with my cousins.
#10thepixelgardenPosted 10/9/2013 2:30:31 PM
When I was growing up we didn't have games that children wouldn't be allowed to play. Well, except for the obscure adult game like Custar's Revenge, but honestly nobody even knew those types of games existed. There weren't exactly commercials for them like there are for GTA V.