Nintendo allows cross-platform play

#11nonexistingheroPosted 10/10/2013 1:43:22 AM
GuyFawkes5 posted...
I can't see micro$oft doing this

This. Sony though, sure. And this would be good for the Wii U, since it means having a larger online community.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#12kdognumba1Posted 10/10/2013 5:33:24 AM
Personally, I think one of the biggest faults of console gaming was that they didn't allow cross platform play (excluding Sony of course). If people could turn on a game on a Nintendo system and play and compete with players from Sony and Microsoft systems, that would help all communities out imo.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#13Ryan SiPosted 10/10/2013 5:35:31 AM
AkaneJones posted...
I hope people understand that cross-play isn't cross buy. It's exactly what Monster Hunter 3U does on 3DS & WiiU, the same with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time on DS & Wii. It is were there Online of games are linked. It does also include the ability to port save files between both version. However I don't believe that's a feature supported by Echoes of Time.

Either way a lot of people seem to mistake this for a cross buy program where you get both VC games so you can use them on WiiU or 3DS. Although adding cross play to VC wouldn't be a bad idea. That way the save files could be transferred between WiiU & 3DS(since they already are identical).

They don't. You can tell by the posts people are thinking cross-buy, you get two full games for two different platforms (like PS3/Vita). All I heard was "multiplayer cross play," for a Chess game available on smartphones and consoles...wow!
---
Playing: Grand Theft Auto V (PS3), Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii)
#14SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/10/2013 5:39:42 AM
kdognumba1 posted...
Personally, I think one of the biggest faults of console gaming was that they didn't allow cross platform play (excluding Sony of course). If people could turn on a game on a Nintendo system and play and compete with players from Sony and Microsoft systems, that would help all communities out imo.

Yes and no in MS case that might hurt them as people like my sister only got a 360, and paid for MS online services as her brain dead friends all bought them day one, and bought every game on it to play online. She would have preferred her PS3 as the multiplayer was free, but only 6 people she knew out of 30 had one so she was forced into the 360 if she wanted to play with friends.

If she had the option for cross play she more then likely wouldn't have bought the xbox as the only 360 exclusive she has is Halo (forgot the number) which one of her friends gave her for free(that she played once for 5 mins lol). Now on the PS3 she owns a few of the exclusives, and actually played them which is why I don't doubt for one minute she wouldn't have bought the xbox 360 if this was already allowed. Microsoft knows this and is why they will not permit it.
#15MichaelDeAngeloPosted 10/10/2013 5:42:25 AM
Kuebel33 posted...
GuyFawkes5 posted...

They already did like 8 years ago.. Final fantasy xi. You played with PC players, ps2 players, ps3 players, and Xbox 360 players

I thought MS was standalone, while PS played with PC.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#16DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/10/2013 6:35:55 AM
GuyFawkes5 posted...

They did, actually. Lost Planet Colonies had cross platform multiplayer, as well as some other games.
Sony has as well.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#17fon1988Posted 10/10/2013 8:36:27 AM
This is cool, I just don't see many gaming companies actually utilizing this.
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#18segagamerPosted 10/10/2013 8:42:40 AM
Great, player amount on Wii U wouldn't be a big deal, and perhaps less fanboy wars.

Or more? Cross platform COD would be literally console wars. XD
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#19promo123Posted 10/10/2013 8:45:44 AM
I can see this benefiting Nintendo, as there's a much smaller online community, but there isn't much reason for Microsoft or Sony to do it.

Whenever someone tells me that they're buying a PS3 or 360 I ask them why they're picking that one over the other, and the most popular answer is "That's what all of my friends have, so I'm buying that one to play online with them."
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#20DarkAdonis123Posted 10/10/2013 8:47:07 AM
I can see Sony going along with this, but not M$. They didn't even want to do cross plat with PC.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue