I have a feeling Nintendo's next system will fuse console and portable gaming.

#1PoweranimalsPosted 10/9/2013 7:40:28 PM
They've already merged the departments. Also the 3DS is selling like hotcakes. What Nintendo needs is something like the 3DS that you can also play on a console and it would fly off shelves.

One of the Nintendo's biggest issues is that they're competing against themselves. You like Mario? Zelda? Metroid? But you can get it on either system. In the past there was always a huge difference in graphics but the gap between the two is becoming smaller all the time.

Anyway, just something to think about.
#2Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 10/9/2013 7:46:47 PM
So it'll be a PSP? (video-out)
#3STN79Posted 10/9/2013 7:54:06 PM
Thought Wii U already did that. Otherwise i wouldn't be able to play Windwaker while being a windmaker on the toilet!
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#4iKhan88Posted 10/9/2013 7:56:54 PM
It does look like they are going that way, but I fail to see how they could do it. Maybe the handheld will act as a TV box as well, such that you can stream games from the cloud for home gaming.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#5Poweranimals(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 7:57:29 PM
STN79 posted...
Thought Wii U already did that. Otherwise i wouldn't be able to play Windwaker while being a windmaker on the toilet!

Well obviously it moves in that direction but you can't leave the house with it.
#6TalentedMPosted 10/9/2013 8:01:11 PM
Pairing a handheld to act as the TV and touch screen would be nice. But the handheld would have to take the extra burden of being a bit more expensive because of it streaming 2 video sources.

I could see it being a big thing. VC and accounts finally being tied together, all things purchased being swapped over from Wii U into the new system.

I would see it being more of an account bound system with the handheld being an optional feature more than anything, this way you wouldn't have to lose touch screen moments just because you want off screen play.

But I could totally see the direction you are talking about. Maybe not exactly sure on the execution. I would assume it would be something like account bound and off TV play meshing with how the (3)DS is now and maybe also having games from the handheld being played on the big screen.

Pokemon on a home console like back when Super Gameboy was a thing.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#7STN79Posted 10/9/2013 8:02:00 PM
@ Poweranimals

I can go outside with mine. Just not too far away from the house. Besides i keep all my systems in my house most of the time and i damn sure don't take them over to the neighbors or out in public.
Real good way to get it stolen.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"