Why would anyone buy an Xbox One or PS4 over Wii U?

#1ShindoSlashPosted 10/10/2013 9:55:35 AM
At launch they will have no games, the Xbone in particular is overpriced in every way and exists to screw the customer over.

So why choose those over the Wii U that by then will be cheaper and actually have games?
---
PSN: ShindoSlash
#2CLupulaPosted 10/10/2013 10:09:55 AM(edited)
More stuff in genres I like is coming out on PS4 than Wii U. KH3, FFXV, Guilty Gear Xrd, Infamous: Second Son. Hotline Miami 2, Binding of Isaac. All titles I'm looking forward to. Plus, the graphics are better, I like trophies, and I prefer a Dualshock over a Gamepad.

And it's not really an either/or thing. If the Wii U had games I wanted, I'd pick one up. I don't hate Nintendo. It's just Sony are giving me more of what I want. So far, there's only three games that interest me, at all, on the Wii U. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, X, and Bayonetta 2. Otherwise, nothing does it for me (not Wind Walker, not Mario, definitely not Donkey Kong).

I have a rule that whenever a system gets 20 exclusive games I really want for it, then I pick up the system. The PS4 will probably have that by the end of 2014. I have no idea if the Wii U will ever achieve that. And yes, I know KH3 and FFXV aren't exclusives, as they're also coming to XB1, but you asked the "over a Wii U" question. They won't be coming to Wii U, so for the intents and purposes of this conversation, they may as well be exclusives.
#3ShindoSlash(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 10:04:50 AM
None of those games will be out when the PS4 comes out.
---
PSN: ShindoSlash
#4CLupulaPosted 10/10/2013 10:08:52 AM(edited)
ShindoSlash posted...

Which is why I'll be sticking with my PS3 until late 2014/early 2015. By then, the PS4 lineup should be huge and have a lot of currently unannounced titles.

My PS3 keeps me plenty happy right now. I don't need to buy a new system until there's a reason to. The Wii U may not ever give the reason to, but I do think the PS4 definitely will by the end of next year.
#5CLupulaPosted 10/10/2013 10:11:31 AM
If people are buying at launch over a Wii U, they're buying because they see more potential in the systems than the Wii U, which they're probably right, considering how 3rd party support on the Wii U gets worse and worse every day.

But waiting is really the best option, all around.
#6LvthnPosted 10/10/2013 10:12:29 AM
Because if the choice were between a Wii U and keeping my money, I'd keep my money.
#7vectorman5Posted 10/10/2013 10:15:44 AM
Maybe if they loved Killer Instinct.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
#8manmousePosted 10/10/2013 10:33:04 AM
ShindoSlash posted...

the WiiU didn't have any of its great games when it launched either, so by your logic, why should people have bought it?

people don't buy consoles for their launch libraries. if that were the case, then the PS1 and N64 were wastes of time and the Dreamcast was the most essential console ever.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#9STN79Posted 10/10/2013 10:42:45 AM
Exactly how many exclusive PS4 launch games are people raving about? Looks like a bunch of shoot em ups and the usual Sony bro dude garbage to me. The Wii U will have already been out for a whole year by the time PS4 is availabe. Why buy a system that costs 100 or even 200 dollars more with so fewer games? Plus there's the whole lack of backward compatability so right there you'll have even less to play right outta the gate. Good luck finding anything to keep your system from collecting dust and just being an overly expensive paperweight.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#10JackalPosted 10/10/2013 10:46:06 AM
manmouse posted...
ShindoSlash posted...

the WiiU didn't have any of its great games when it launched either, so by your logic, why should people have bought it?

people don't buy consoles for their launch libraries. if that were the case, then the PS1 and N64 were wastes of time and the Dreamcast was the most essential console ever.

No! No! No! Noooo!!! Don't make him think again! How do you think we got this topic! :)

Forgive me but I have to do this. >:-D

I'm getting PS4 over the Wii U because of the games coming to it and it can play my bluray movies and stream content over my network via the ethernet port which will reduces lag. Watchdogs has already been pre-ordered and I'll be able to get Drive Club when I log into my PS+ account. Oh, yeah!!! =D

With that said, the Wii U only has one current game that I am interested in and one coming next year, X. There is no need to rush to get this console. Maybe after the 2014 E3 price drop announcement. =)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz