Are Nintendo only gamers used to droughts?

#1HeroC114Posted 10/10/2013 5:40:52 PM
This is something I've been used to, being an N64 and Gamecube exclusive gamer. Towards the end of the Gamecube's lifespan, I purchased an Xbox and was treated to the world of online gaming in the world of consoles.

But for those of us who only stuck with Nintendo consoles, would you say we're used to being in a gaming drought consistently?
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#2QlJGamerPosted 10/10/2013 5:41:49 PM
You cute, visit vita message board.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging!
#3KonyunaPosted 10/10/2013 5:44:06 PM
QlJGamer posted...

Please at least make a semi-intelligent response next time.

Also, game droughts from Nintendo are common. Which is why they aim for high replay value a lot.
#4GamespohtPosted 10/10/2013 5:45:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5IokuaPosted 10/10/2013 5:45:45 PM
Every console is drought heavy early on and at some points in the middle of its life cycle. Nintendo systems just tend to have it a little worse as Nintendo is the only system developer that abandons the current generation for the next as soon as the next generation system is far enough along to start developing for.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#6CrimsonversePosted 10/10/2013 5:45:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7QlJGamerPosted 10/10/2013 5:46:51 PM
Konyuna posted...
QlJGamer posted...

Also, game droughts from Nintendo are common. Which is why they aim for high replay value a lot.

ouch!
---
Quite Intelligent Judging!
#8HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 5:47:17 PM
Konyuna posted...
QlJGamer posted...

Yeah, I noticed that. I was going to make that comment in my original post, the quality keeps you coming back and figuring out new ways to play. When I was 10 or so, I had no money of my own. So I was stuck for multiple months with one game. Luckily my first N64 game was Super Mario 64, which took me about 4 months to complete at the time(120 stars with no guides).

I remember renting Super Smash Bros for the 64 at least 5 times over the course of multiple years and enjoying the hell out of it.
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#9TransdudePosted 10/10/2013 5:52:13 PM
Konyuna posted...
QlJGamer posted...

Guess that's why I lasted on about 30-40 games for the longest time (Pre-K to High school). Other people here seem to be in the hundreds when it comes to their collection.

I grew up playing on the GBA and GC, didn't play (nor own) any other systems other than the DS about a year after it was out. I really got into the gaming scene around 2010. And because I constantly see new games constantly getting released at far later dates, I seem to recently be reminding myself that I still have so many other games to play in the mean time.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#10userfrigginamePosted 10/10/2013 6:01:38 PM
No. I have both a PS3 and Wii U. There were no games to play for either console over the summer.