Would you be ok with a "futuristic" setting for Zelda game on Wii U?

#1MarikoNumber35Posted 10/11/2013 2:06:53 AM(edited)
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/eiji_aonuma_wants_the_wii_u_zeldas_hyrule_
to_be_a_setting_no_one_has_ever_imagined_before

Something not modern but futuristic with perhaps time travel elements from ancient medieval times like Ocarina of Time to a futuristic setting like Final Fantasy 8 or something.
---
"You're a liar!"
-Lucy / Nyu / Queen Diclonius-
#2TalentedMPosted 10/11/2013 2:09:09 AM
I was always hoping it would move from spirit tracks to a more industrial setting with magic and steampunk-esque (not totally steam punk because it is over used) type devices (like hook shots and other things) world.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#3thefabregas22Posted 10/11/2013 2:11:23 AM
I wouldn't mind it, just wouldn't want a big change in the type of stuff link uses, like instead of the master sword it's the master ray gun, bleh.

Apart from that it could be cool
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#4STN79Posted 10/11/2013 2:46:48 AM(edited)
I don't think hoverboards and Lightsabers would be a good fit for a Zelda game. On the other hand i do recall fans had a bit of a fit when they decided to add trains to the mix. That one actually turned out pretty good i thought. Maybe a mild steam punk vibe would be alright. If they do ever make a future themed Zelda it better be called Link to the future.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#5KwizxxPosted 10/11/2013 2:55:47 AM
Yeah I'd like a slightly steampunk era, or something that looks like it can compare to an early to mid 1800's theme. Horses and Carriages and Bigger cities would fit nicely while still mixing in some of the old medieval elements and magic. I dont think Zelda would work too well in a modern setting or even beyond that.

I can already imagine some Cowboy-like boss or enemy using old fashioned flintlock pistols.
#6andreoni79Posted 10/11/2013 2:58:11 AM
Am I the only one who'd like a Zelda like the one in Nintendoland?
#7MarikoNumber35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 3:01:28 AM
by futuristic I don't mean Link use lighsabers and stuff.

It would be like Metal Gear Rising Revengeance or Final Fantasy 7 or 8 or 10 that mixes traditional weapons and items but with some highly futuristic areas and some ancient medieval type areas.

I don't really want Zelda to go full Steampunk but I'd be ok with something like Assassins Creed 2 Zelda or something.
---
"You're a liar!"
-Lucy / Nyu / Queen Diclonius-
#8J22InSpiritPosted 10/11/2013 3:02:56 AM
I can picture a Zelda game mixed with Phantasy Star elements :)
It would be cool!
---
J22 Spirit
#9STN79Posted 10/11/2013 3:10:46 AM(edited)
That robo pirate boss in the sandship from Skyward sword felt kinda steampunk. Proof right there that the idea could work in Zelda. I'd be all for more of that!
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#10jragon23Posted 10/11/2013 3:07:33 AM
no, no changes allowed. I want the game to be the same as it has been for the last 2 decades