PETA makes new Pokemon parody, thinks Nintendo is ridiculous for releasing two v

#21NyyarkPosted 10/11/2013 11:06:38 AM
Science's official stance is that nearly all invertebrates and most fish cannot experience pain, therefore cannot suffer, therefore cannot be abused. So Roaches will not fall on PETA's radar, because you cannot treat them unethically.

To understand more you can research it, but basically what we perceive as an invertebrate or fish in pain is just reflex and stimulus response. An oft cited example is that if you break a bugs leg it will still put full weight on it when walking.

This is also why you can use fish hooks and pesticides that would be horribly unethical if the animals could actually feel pain.

I super disagree with science on this topic, as well as a few others
#22_FalstaffPosted 10/11/2013 11:11:03 AM
PETA is so backwards. They're like the people who target Disney princesses for being sexist while ignoring Jersey Shore playing on the next channel.

I can't say I agree with how animals are used in our culture, but that's not to say I agree with PETA.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#23MetroidJunkiePosted 10/11/2013 11:42:16 AM
Kind of hard to complain about the 'horror' of Pokemon when their organization euthanized almost all dogs and cats they took in.
#24methosagainPosted 10/11/2013 11:55:00 AM
Guess they ran out of stuff to kill and got bored
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#25DrumguyPosted 10/11/2013 12:09:08 PM
Once again, PETA struggles to stay relevant.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#26Mattrules64Posted 10/11/2013 4:11:10 PM
GodofLaziness posted...
DougyB posted...
I never understood how they think violence, or promoting violence, towards people helps their cause of preventing "violence" directed at animals. That seems a little hypocritical.

And WTF, is that Grimace?

Seriously I was going to ask about that lol. Is that purple creature Grimace? How is he a Pokemon?

Apparently this is being crossed over with Mc Donalds... wrap your head around that one
#27ThatKippPosted 10/11/2013 4:13:05 PM
Next they'll go after Super Mario 3D World for using cat suits. Remember the tanooki stuff they did two years ago?
---
They call me Wonder-Handsome
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#28Trevor_BelmontPosted 10/11/2013 4:50:39 PM
ThatKipp posted...
Next they'll go after Super Mario 3D World for using cat suits. Remember the tanooki stuff they did two years ago?

I just asked myself that same question what will PETA (if anything) do when Mario 3D World comes if out.
---
Nintendo Network ID: MegaManPrime.
There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling.
#29dancing_cactuarPosted 10/11/2013 4:52:20 PM
When they start actually trying to save animals instead of euthanizing them, maybe I'll care about what they say. Until then, my caring level is at 1. Out of 100.
---
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
The Wii ran out of gas in 2008- DrSouljaBoi69
#30KittenLinaPosted 10/11/2013 4:55:53 PM
The only thing I care about PETA is the stuff they do next, since it makes me laugh a lot.
---
jrb363 posted...Political correctness is killing this country.
Official Succubus of the SMT IV board.