pakman3 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
pakman3 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
According to VGChartz:

SMG - 10.89
GT5 - 10.57

Yes. So which one sold more?

It's a negligable amount. The way you worded your topic title, it implies it outsold any Sony 1st party game by a lot. At such a small difference, it's not enough to make the kind of point you're trying to make.

I have a fantastic point. It outsold EVERY sony 1st party game, but is nowhere NEAR the best selling nintendo game.

Yeah but you're saying SM3DW will be a system seller because SMG sold

better than any Sony 1st party game.

But SMG only barely outsold GT5 (and it came out years ealier), so by your logic, hypothetically, what if GT5 had just edged out SMG, would that mean SM3DW would not be a system seller?

I'm just pointing out the frailty of your argument and logic. And remember that GT5 can be downloaded, and VGChartz doesn't include those sales, so it might even be possible that GT5 did outsell SMG.

TC's point still stands. Sony's first party doesn't have anything close to the appeal of Mario. Not many games do.
#92king_maddenPosted 10/12/2013 10:26:35 AM
Galaxy sold so much, and galaxy 2 sold much less, why is that? was it that a few million didnt care for part 2, or was it just dying by then?

also why didnt you mention zelda, metroid, kirby, or whoever, all those other games people like to claim are part of nintendos great exclusives?
#93CyricsServantPosted 10/12/2013 10:33:33 AM(edited)
Shankspeare posted...
TC's point still stands. Sony's first party doesn't have anything close to the appeal of Mario. Not many games do.

Was that his point?

I thought his argument was that Galaxy sold better than any 1st party Sony game (which has been demonstrated to be false, or to likely be false) and that therefore Mario 3D Word will sell a lot of Wii Us (ignoring that other Mario games have not caused huge spikes in hardware sales for their respective systems . . . and ignoring that the Wii U already HAS an original Mario game which isn't really moving Wii Us).

I'd argue his point doesn't stand.
#94pakman3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 10:32:21 AM
CyricsServant posted...

CyricsServant posted...
pakman3 posted...
squatch22 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
Mario is Nintendo's flagship character, and I just showed GT5 sold about the same amount as it.

GT5 sold 30 million?
Since when?

Pony logic.

SMG sold 30 million? Where are you getting that figure? That would mean one out of every three Wii owners owns the game >_>

VGChartz, while not super accurate, has it at under 11 million. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that number is closer to the truth.

Nice try though . . . I guess.

That may be so, but Vanderzoo and TC were discussing Galaxy.

No we weren't. Vanderzoopony claimed nintendo's flagship title sold as much as gt5. That's a pony lie.
#95CyricsServantPosted 10/12/2013 10:35:14 AM
The "it" he was referring to is OBVIOUSLY Super Mario Galaxy. That's painfully obvious. Posts don't exist in a vacuum.
#96pakman3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 10:37:31 AM
king_madden posted...
Galaxy sold so much, and galaxy 2 sold much less, why is that? was it that a few million didnt care for part 2, or was it just dying by then?

also why didnt you mention zelda, metroid, kirby, or whoever, all those other games people like to claim are part of nintendos great exclusives?

11 mill vs 7 mill with a 3 year difference. That makes galaxy 2 a FASTER seller.
#97pakman3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 10:39:01 AM
CyricsServant posted...
The "it" he was referring to is OBVIOUSLY Super Mario Galaxy. That's painfully obvious. Posts don't exist in a vacuum.

No. Vanderpony claimed galaxy was nintendo's flagship title. His words, not mine. There are MANY nintendo franchises that sold WAY more than galaxy.
#98MilesTeg420Posted 10/12/2013 10:53:17 AM
Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit probably sold more than all of Sony's PS3 games combined.
#99sonicnewboyPosted 10/12/2013 10:56:45 AM
pakman3 posted...
Jellitoe posted...
Cause Mario in a Catsuit doesn't really entice teens or young adults to want to pick up the system, and most gamers are in that age range.

I think it's cool actually

Me too. I like cats.
#100SlaysmePosted 10/12/2013 11:08:14 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
STN79 posted...
I'm one of the lucky ones though who dodged the whole marriage and kids thing. I've got all the time i need and no one else to spend money on but myself. Ahh it's the good life!

Having a son to play catch with and a woman who loves me more than anything in this world have enriched my life. I couldn't imagine my life without them. I earn a good living and so does my lady.

If you're really 34 and your biggest accomplishment in life is having more money to spend on video games, you may need to do a bit of soul searching. Most people would be hard pressed to believe you're as happy as you'd like us to believe.

I'm 32, married, 2 kids. While I agree with mid boss, I must say that it's not for everyone. If Satan79 is happy with their life, who are you to tell them they must adhere to a certain standard? There are benefits to being solo, you know. And that hardly means they live a loveless life.while I'd never choose differently, some might. Maybe they are a coward. Maybe they are a sage. But you shouldn't judge.
---
Book reader master race. What now, chumps?
3ds FC-5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme nnid-smallwoodfamily