I understand why it was Wind Waker now

#1The13DoctorsPosted 10/12/2013 8:17:21 AM
Wind Waker was the perfect game for Wii U. See, Twilight Princess would have been overall the same game with some inventory management, but Wind Waker had a lot of potential through the sailing. This being my first experience with the game, sailing out into the seas I find myself looking at the map a lot and making changes to my course. Using the Wind Waker isnt something that gets in the way as the whole experience is streamlined with the gamepad. When I get to that point I doubt I'll use the Swift Sail as sailing is actually enjoyable!

I feel bad for those of you that had to experience the beta version, without the gamepad. Having to pause the game to use the map sounds awful! Not only is this game a prime example of how the gamepad enhances the experience, the artstyle is beautiful in HD and not many people (such as myself), played the original as opposed to Twilight Princess which is already playable on the system.

Judging by the sales, I'm clearly not alone. Nintendo did well with this one. It was just the move they needed to make for the system. It will define the system's future. I feel we'll see that real soon.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#2DarkAdonis123Posted 10/12/2013 8:22:49 AM
It was the wind waker because it needed a second chance. It was released on the Nintendo system with the smallest install base. Plain and simple. It's a great Zelda game, but that's not entirely why it's selling. There isn't much else. When a port of a game from 2 generations ago is the most popular game on the platform, that's very telling about the platforms current software selection.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#31shadetail1Posted 10/12/2013 8:30:38 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
When a port of a game from 2 generations ago is the most popular game on the platform, that's very telling about the platforms current software selection.

No, it really isn't telling at all. WWHD was only just released, and in three different forms no less. There's the standard edition, the limited edition, and the console bundle. So of course it's getting a lot of attention right now. That doesn't say anything about the rest of the system's library.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4peinxkonanPosted 10/12/2013 8:41:51 AM
Trust me, you will use the swift sail TC. Changing the direction is so much less of a hassle this time around, but the Swift Sail makes things even better.
---
---Doesn't care
#5segagamerPosted 10/12/2013 10:32:11 AM
peinxkonan posted...
Trust me, you will use the swift sail TC. Changing the direction is so much less of a hassle this time around, but the Swift Sail makes things even better.

When does swift sail come?

I've won about 4 items from the auction house so far, no swift sail yet.
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#6DTY3Posted 10/12/2013 10:49:44 AM
segagamer posted...
peinxkonan posted...

After the first dungeon. You just have to get lucky.

The Swift Sail is amazing, but they made it REALLY annoying to get. I spent thirty minutes just entering and leaving to get it to appear, then i lost the mother loving addiction.

So i spent FORTY more minutes entering and exiting to get it to appear again.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#7DeathSoul2000Posted 10/12/2013 11:24:11 AM
DTY3 posted...
segagamer posted...
peinxkonan posted...

After the first dungeon. You just have to get lucky.

The Swift Sail is amazing, but they made it REALLY annoying to get. I spent thirty minutes just entering and leaving to get it to appear, then i lost the mother loving addiction.

So i spent FORTY more minutes entering and exiting to get it to appear again.

Ha! 1st ever auction, I got the swift sail, 200 rupees :) I couldn't believe my luck!
#8DTY3Posted 10/12/2013 11:26:41 AM
Also doesn't help that i lost the auction literally within the last minute.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#9DarkAdonis123Posted 10/12/2013 12:15:17 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
When a port of a game from 2 generations ago is the most popular game on the platform, that's very telling about the platforms current software selection.

No, it really isn't telling at all. WWHD was only just released, and in three different forms no less. There's the standard edition, the limited edition, and the console bundle. So of course it's getting a lot of attention right now. That doesn't say anything about the rest of the system's library.

So it's normal for a game from two generations ago to get people more excited than what's been available? Somehow I don't think you'd be saying that if this were the scenario on the rival platforms.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#10VidgmchtrPosted 10/12/2013 7:22:30 PM
The13Doctors posted...
I feel bad for those of you that had to experience the beta version, without the gamepad.

Did you seriously just call the original Gamecube version the "beta" version?