I understand why it was Wind Waker now

#21DarkAdonis123Posted 10/14/2013 6:25:08 AM
gnomelord255 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
When a port of a game from 2 generations ago is the most popular game on the platform, that's very telling about the platforms current software selection.

No, it really isn't telling at all. WWHD was only just released, and in three different forms no less. There's the standard edition, the limited edition, and the console bundle. So of course it's getting a lot of attention right now. That doesn't say anything about the rest of the system's library.

So it's normal for a game from two generations ago to get people more excited than what's been available? Somehow I don't think you'd be saying that if this were the scenario on the rival platforms.

Wow.

Listen, kid, you were probably real young when the Gamecube came out.

I was 20 when the Gamcube came out. I bought mine day 1 with Luigi's Mansion as my first game. I even had them paid off before launch. At the time I worked at GameStop and was picking up whatever hours I could to make sure I'd be able to afford it. To this very day I STILL own that Gamecube. You have no idea what you're talking about.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#22Baha05Posted 10/14/2013 6:28:40 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Not at all. I'm a multiple console owner and always have been. I have no brand loyalty.

You must forgive me, but having read a couple of your posts on different threads, a lot of them read like backhanded comments against the WiiU. Even here you attempt to paint the WiiU in a negative light while commenting on the game.

For someone who claims to have no brand loyalty, it is puzzling.

Yeah I have to second that while you aren't like horrible in your stance you do show a lot of snide comments towards the Wii U and fans for someone not having Brand Loyalty.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#23DarkAdonis123Posted 10/14/2013 6:34:09 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Not at all. I'm a multiple console owner and always have been. I have no brand loyalty.

You must forgive me, but having read a couple of your posts on different threads, a lot of them read like backhanded comments against the WiiU. Even here you attempt to paint the WiiU in a negative light while commenting on the game.

I own a Wii U. NNID is DarkAdonis. My comments aren't so much backhanded as they are giving my honest opinion. I don t think the Wii U is very good at this time. But I LOVE my 3DS and am playing Pokemon X right now. I literally just closed my XL to type this. So no, I have no brand loyalty. I can dislike one Nintendo product and love another. Brand loyalist worship everything from said brand whether it deserves it or not. I'm simply not going to give the Wii U praise I don't think it deserves. Now I plan to buy Sonic and Mario 3D. My opinion of the Wii U may be swayed then.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#24DarkAdonis123Posted 10/14/2013 6:43:23 AM
Baha05 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

Yeah I have to second that while you aren't like horrible in your stance you do show a lot of snide comments towards the Wii U and fans for someone not having Brand Loyalty.

I admit, some of my comments can be snide. But I stand by not having brand loyalty. I just want games. I don't really care what console there on. You'll never hear me say a single negative thing about the 3DS. I absolutely love that thing. Why? It has games. I don't care about DVD/Bluray, paid tv subscriptions, etc. I just want games. If the Wii U had that, I swear you'd never see a single negative comment about it from me.
---
#25Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/14/2013 7:11:05 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

I own a Wii U. NNID is DarkAdonis. My comments aren't so much backhanded as they are giving my honest opinion. I don t think the Wii U is very good at this time. But I LOVE my 3DS and am playing Pokemon X right now. I literally just closed my XL to type this. So no, I have no brand loyalty. I can dislike one Nintendo product and love another. Brand loyalist worship everything from said brand whether it deserves it or not. I'm simply not going to give the Wii U praise I don't think it deserves. Now I plan to buy Sonic and Mario 3D. My opinion of the Wii U may be swayed then.

Alright then, my apologies. Also I love all the little touches in Pokemon. It could well be the best Pokemon game to date and I've not even beat the second Gym yet.

I understand where you are coming from. I too want the WiiU to get more games, but it has a decent selection the now, there's other things to play (like pokemon!) and it has upcoming games too. If people want to be excited for Wind Waker now then let them. Some of them might have actually never played it, and even if they did, it's a decent game which, as you pointed out, deserves a second chance.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#26DarkAdonis123Posted 10/14/2013 7:24:01 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

Alright then, my apologies. Also I love all the little touches in Pokemon. It could well be the best Pokemon game to date and I've not even beat the second Gym yet.

I understand where you are coming from. I too want the WiiU to get more games, but it has a decent selection the now, there's other things to play (like pokemon!) and it has upcoming games too. If people want to be excited for Wind Waker now then let them. Some of them might have actually never played it, and even if they did, it's a decent game which, as you pointed out, deserves a second chance.

I also bought WWHD. I still own the original, but decided to double dip. It did need a second chance. I was actively playing it, but it's now taken a backseat to Pokemon.
---