Looks like ZombiU will be the Wii U's only survival horror game for a while

#11GuyFawkes5Posted 10/12/2013 2:32:26 PM
Transdude posted...
GuyFawkes5 posted...
mico_ongo posted...
GuyFawkes5 posted...
segagamer posted...
I'm pretty sure that RE7 (the upcoming reboot) was announced to come out on Wii U.

Reboot of?...

one or two hopefully......and i want the opening door transition screen....lol

ya hopefully, but we'll see. Just seems weird to call it "7" when it MAY be a reboot. Ah ya those were great! lol

When the latest Tomb Raider game was in production, it was called Tomb Raider 9. Most of the time, the number is just a placeholder until the official title is announced.

ah that makes sense
---
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
#12StrongBlackVinePosted 10/12/2013 2:58:36 PM
segagamer posted...
I'm pretty sure that RE7 (the upcoming reboot) was announced to come out on Wii U.

Nothing has been "announced" regarding RE7. We just know that it is in EARLY development stages.
#13CLupulaPosted 10/12/2013 3:13:24 PM
segagamer posted...

It's not supposed to be a reboot and it hasn't been announced for Wii U.

All they've said is that the next title in the series will return to the horror roots of the original games.

If anything, I expect it to be a PS4/XB1 title.
#14VenomSymbiotePosted 10/13/2013 10:06:31 PM
It's getting How to Survive and Forgotten Memories. How to Survive comes out this month on the eShop and Forgotten Memories I've no idea when that's coming. I thought it was suppose to be out soon tho.

Really hope survival horror gets some great games this gen. It seems like a slowly dying genre.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#15IokuaPosted 10/13/2013 10:10:28 PM
segagamer posted...
GuyFawkes5 posted...
segagamer posted...

Reboot of?...

Not necessarily a reboot. But it will be much less action-y.

Don't believe that. Capcom claimed RE6 would go back to the roots of the series, apparently to Capcom that means mimicking Michael Bay and slapping on terrible level design, awful controls and boring gameplay.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#16Banjo2553Posted 10/13/2013 11:16:38 PM
Iokua posted...

Don't believe that. Capcom claimed RE6 would go back to the roots of the series, apparently to Capcom that means mimicking Michael Bay and slapping on terrible level design, awful controls and boring gameplay.

They did? I honestly don't recall that.

That said, I don't really believe any company when they say something will "return to its roots." Sega made that promise so many times with Sonic that I just want the game to be good, not just "return to its roots." Thankfully the past few Sonic games have been good.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#17ukokira1Posted 10/13/2013 11:18:42 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
Iokua posted...

They did? I honestly don't recall that.

That said, I don't really believe any company when they say something will "return to its roots." Sega made that promise so many times with Sonic that I just want the game to be good, not just "return to its roots." Thankfully the past few Sonic games have been good.

I remember seeing them saying that phrase a lot reading interviews in gaming magazines before...... most of the good ones died off.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#18avigeant83Posted 10/14/2013 1:41:56 AM
I think they are forced to go back to their roots based on how poorly RE6 did and hearing the same complaint. That is a Gears of War wannabe game. For the Wii U? I would love that but I seriously doubt that will happen. Maybe the Capcom-Nintendo relationship is strong after the great Monster Hunter sales for this year.