Taking care of my Wii U. Is it wrong?

#1J_holdzPosted 10/12/2013 3:05:33 PM
So i bought my wii u a few days ago and there's no fingerprints on the console or gamepad and i clean the gamepad with microfibre cloth after every use, i also wash my hands before i touch any of my wii u game equipment. I know for a fact i don't have OCD, I'm only like this with my games consoles. I also take the disc out after I've quit playing. I don't let anyone else touch the gamepad or system, or handle my games by putting their fingers all over the cover and taking out the manuals and stuff. My mate came over who's pretty heavy handed with his stuff, has games consoles that are all dirty and dusty, just real messy and when i said I needed to wash my hands before I touch the gamepad he just laughed and for someone it really pissed me off. I would just like to take care of my Wii u and i wash my hands so excess grease doesn't go onto the thumbsticks.

If anyone here thinks I'm too overprotective then fair enough, but I enjoy looking after my systems.
#2TransdudePosted 10/12/2013 3:10:13 PM
Sounds like you really want the console to last. There's nothing wrong with that.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3segagamerPosted 10/12/2013 3:13:50 PM
That's good TC, but still seems a little much.

I don't think electronics can get sick. But yeah wiping the screen is good.
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#4BadBoiuPosted 10/12/2013 3:16:09 PM
It sounds perfectly normal to me. Good on you for taking care of your belongings.
---
"Vick will be the first QB to throw for 4,000 yards & rush for 1,000 in one season!"-Sean Salisbury *MLG is an oxymoron*
#5somebody336Posted 10/12/2013 3:16:31 PM
It's made with kids in mind. It is pretty durable as proven by me playing frisbee with it...
#6GuyFawkes5Posted 10/12/2013 3:18:27 PM
J_holdz posted...
So i bought my wii u a few days ago and there's no fingerprints on the console or gamepad and i clean the gamepad with microfibre cloth after every use, i also wash my hands before i touch any of my wii u game equipment. I know for a fact i don't have OCD, I'm only like this with my games consoles. I also take the disc out after I've quit playing. I don't let anyone else touch the gamepad or system, or handle my games by putting their fingers all over the cover and taking out the manuals and stuff. My mate came over who's pretty heavy handed with his stuff, has games consoles that are all dirty and dusty, just real messy and when i said I needed to wash my hands before I touch the gamepad he just laughed and for someone it really pissed me off. I would just like to take care of my Wii u and i wash my hands so excess grease doesn't go onto the thumbsticks.

If anyone here thinks I'm too overprotective then fair enough, but I enjoy looking after my systems.

iam VERY similar!, I hold the discs (DVD's to) on the sides, I ALWAYS take my games out of the system after use, they go back in their proper cases, I as well clean the screen on my game pad. I also cover my systems with a pillow case after use, usually about 30 mins after to cool off, this helps with dust control. Also u may wanna look into getting this as well, just picked up a bundle for $9.99 at GameStop, comes with a screen protector, TWO back up stylus an a rubber game pad jacket.
---
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
#7nbean16Posted 10/12/2013 3:19:39 PM
Sorry, you do have OCD.
#8J_holdz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 3:20:22 PM
Cheers for the reply guys/girls, I wash my hands before playing so no dry skin is builds up on the thumbsticks etc. I know it might sound so wierd but idk, i guess because it's new I'm like this, but I do generally take care of my systems.
#9GuyFawkes5Posted 10/12/2013 3:21:03 PM
nbean16 posted...
Sorry, you do have OCD.

"sorry" he really does not. Just a consumer who wants his money's worth.
---
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
#10manmousePosted 10/12/2013 3:25:02 PM
GuyFawkes5 posted...

iam VERY similar!, I hold the discs (DVD's to) on the sides, I ALWAYS take my games out of the system after use, they go back in their proper cases, I as well clean the screen on my game pad. I also cover my systems with a pillow case after use, usually about 30 mins after to cool off, this helps with dust control. Also u may wanna look into getting this as well, just picked up a bundle for $9.99 at GameStop, comes with a screen protector, TWO back up stylus an a rubber game pad jacket.

why is it better to take the games out of the console? i figure they don't get exposed to any elements inside, no sunlight or dust or anything so it can't be too bad.

however, i'm the same with discs. whether it's music CDs, discs for PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, or my Wii, DVD's, BluRays, computer CD ROMs, etc, i NEVER touch the bottoms, and whenever i see my friends handling theirs by putting fingers on the bottom and just not caring about it, i get the same feeling someone would get when watching someone eat cereal off a public bathroom floor. i'm just thinking to myself, "HAVE YOU NO SELF RESPECT, UNCIVILIZED ANIMAL?"
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY