Looking at where the market currently is, Star Fox Assault 2 shouldn't be made

#1TransdudePosted 10/12/2013 7:52:15 PM
By Assault 2, I mean the next Star Fox game using Assault's gameplay. And by "shouldn't" I mean I would highly advise against it.

I have been in full support of Nintendo making a second SF game using Assault's gameplay, but now, after looking at the current games on the market, the game is either:

A. Going to get lost in the bunch

B. Be criticized for doing something that another game did better

Right now, the biggest market in games are nothing but shooters. I'm not saying that Nintendo shouldn't ever make Assault 2, I'm just saying that it wouldn't really be (for lack of a better word) a smart decision. Perhaps later on, when the oversaturation dies down, then it would be a good time to.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#2VidgmchtrPosted 10/12/2013 8:15:11 PM
But also a pure arcade-style shooter would be suicide. People like long games these days, and a long game Star Fox 64 was not.
#3TheLazyClownPosted 10/12/2013 8:19:28 PM
Vidgmchtr posted...
But also a pure arcade-style shooter would be suicide. People like long games these days, and a long game Star Fox 64 was not.

Neither was Assault, but that's besides the point. What TC is trying to say is an Assault type game won't sell well, but I disagree, Assault's shooting mechanics is way different from what we've been seeing nowadays and I'd like to call it unique since it also deals with vehicles like Battlefield, but it's more targeted toward the younger audience except most players who would play another SF game would be mature adults.
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero
#4VidgmchtrPosted 10/12/2013 8:25:17 PM
TheLazyClown posted...
Neither was Assault, but that's besides the point.

You're right, and that's pretty much the only reason why I didn't end up buying it. It was a step in the right direction with the series, however.
#5TheLazyClownPosted 10/12/2013 8:29:47 PM
Vidgmchtr posted...
TheLazyClown posted...
Neither was Assault, but that's besides the point.

You're right, and that's pretty much the only reason why I didn't end up buying it. It was a step in the right direction with the series, however.

I'll agree with you there.
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero
#6R_HunterPosted 10/12/2013 8:33:06 PM
TheLazyClown posted...
Vidgmchtr posted...

Neither was Assault, but that's besides the point. What TC is trying to say is an Assault type game won't sell well, but I disagree, Assault's shooting mechanics is way different from what we've been seeing nowadays and I'd like to call it unique since it also deals with vehicles like Battlefield, but it's more targeted toward the younger audience except most players who would play another SF game would be mature adults.

Plus the multiplayer, if even half as good as the first Assault's will be a huge draw.

Just improve the sky combat a tad, give certain missions multiple ways to clear objectives, (You want to go on foot? Sure. Wing Ride? Ok.) and greatly improve the ground missions.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#7IokuaPosted 10/12/2013 8:51:30 PM
Vidgmchtr posted...

For $60? Yeah, it shouldn't be made, but an eshop title for $10-15 would be a great fit.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#8Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 9:05:30 PM(edited)
Iokua posted...
Vidgmchtr posted...

For $60? Yeah, it shouldn't be made, but an eshop title for $10-15 would be a great fit.

Actually, wouldn't the eShop be a great place for Nintendo to revive a lot of their series?
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
#9R_HunterPosted 10/12/2013 9:14:54 PM
Transdude posted...
Iokua posted...
Vidgmchtr posted...

Actually, wouldn't the eShop be a great place for Nintendo to revive a lot of their series?

Yes.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#10Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 9:17:28 PM
R_Hunter posted...
Transdude posted...
Iokua posted...
Vidgmchtr posted...

Yes.

Why is it the fans can see this but the company can't? It's either that or they're very secretive about what they do.
---