Am I the only one that thinks Nintendo games look over saturated/cartoonish?

#1Gamer99zPosted 10/14/2013 4:10:35 PM
I'm probably alone on this but I've felt for awhile now that Nintendo games look over saturated and more like anime. Is there a reason there aren't any Nintendo games that I don't see this way or is it just me?
---
"No, but I call my favorite spoon that I eat with 'Spooney'. Not out loud of course, that would be freak'n crazy." - vin3d
#2Jacob46719Posted 10/14/2013 4:12:07 PM
way better than brown and gray.
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#3GPRailroadPosted 10/14/2013 4:14:21 PM
Gamer99z posted...
I'm probably alone on this but I've felt for awhile now that Nintendo games look over saturated and more like anime. Is there a reason there aren't any Nintendo games that I don't see this way or is it just me?

You're late.
---
Nickelodeon (n): An insult to TV animation; an embarrassment to mainstream cartoons since 2005.
Antonyms: Cartoon Network
#4iKhan88Posted 10/14/2013 4:19:22 PM
Gamer99z posted...

Nintendo is excellent at putting atmosphere in their games. And you'll notice that in their games with darker tone like Twilight Princess and Metroid, the games aren't as colorful and cartoony. When they want a relaxing tone, they'll do something like Kirby: Epic Yarn or Skyward Sword. And when they want something with a humorous/fun-kind of tone to it, you will see something like Mario or Wind Waker.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#5Maverick_ReznorPosted 10/14/2013 4:38:10 PM
....anime?
no, looks nothing like anime
---
Making gamefaqs a better place by ignoring 1 ignorant user at a time : )
#6segagamerPosted 10/14/2013 4:39:22 PM
Maverick_Reznor posted...
....anime?
no, looks nothing like anime

This, except Pokemon.
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#7DaLaggaPosted 10/14/2013 4:42:52 PM
Jacob46719 posted...
way better than brown and gray.

No, it's not. Any art style gets old when it's overused - be it overly colorful or excessively brown and gray. That's why most developers make games with a wide variety of art styles. Unfortunately, Nintendo pretty much only has one art style with relatively minor variations. The cartoony and excessively saturated colors are fine some of the time, but Nintendo really needs to learn to do something different.
#8STN79Posted 10/14/2013 4:48:03 PM
Hey if it ain't broke don't fix it. Nintendo games are supposed to be cartoony.
You don't like it play something else. Besides it's not like they've never tried gritty more serious styles. The Metroid series and Zelda Twilight princess says hello.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#9The13DoctorsPosted 10/14/2013 4:54:12 PM
When Nintendo stops being Nintendo I stop supporting Nintendo.

Why don't you just bugger off and buy something you do like?
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#10mashuPosted 10/14/2013 4:56:43 PM
Doesn't look anything like anime.

Anyhow, no, you are not the only one who thinks that way, because Nintendo games are, by and large, saturated in color and cartoonish in style. It suits their games well and they have always been this way. I much prefer it to grey/brown ultra-realism. Having said that, my favorite style is actually more anime style, that was more common PS1/PS2 era, as well as still around in many JRPGs.