Wii U outsold the 3DS and PS3 this week

#21The_Rami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:14:16 PM
Pupu27 posted...
The_Rami posted...
According to VGchartz anyways, but they are always pretty accurate so I don't see why people doubt them.

Wii U sold over 38k consoles. 2nd best only to the 360

That's a VERY good sign for Nintendo heading into the holidays.

With Pokemon X/Y I doubt that Wii U could outsell 3DS, but it's vgchartz so I'm not surprise if they released this kind of numbers

This is for the week of 9/29-10/5, an entire week before X/Y
---
3DS FC: 4227-1401-7915
Currently playing: GTA V, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land, Rayman Origins, Batman AA, Beyond: Two Souls, LOZ; ALTTP
#22The_Rami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:15:44 PM
mercurythewhite posted...

Nah, the cube was around 6 million at this point iirc

Oh, even better.

The GameCube was competing with newcomer XBOX and PS2 that was slow to get going. The Wii U is competing with so much more.
---
Currently playing: GTA V, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land, Rayman Origins, Batman AA, Beyond: Two Souls, LOZ; ALTTP
#231shadetail1Posted 10/14/2013 7:16:34 PM
The_Rami posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Considering the Wind Waker release was so hyped up, it ought to have moved more systems. This is a pretty strong piece of evidence for what most of us have been saying all along: the problem is *not enough games*. If they release more games, they'll sell more systems.

tbh it wasn't very hyped up at all. Maybe on he Wii U forums it may be hyped up but with GTA V and Pokemon X/Y it wasn't very hyped up for a Zelda game.

Considering all the time it got on Directs and Developer videos, I disagree. Anyone who pays attention to some form of gaming media knew about this. Even if they didn't watch the actual videos, they would have read gaming news that mentioned it.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#24mercurythewhitePosted 10/14/2013 7:16:42 PM
The_Rami posted...

Oh, even better.

The GameCube was competing with newcomer XBOX and PS2 that was slow to get going. The Wii U is competing with so much more.

And still more to come
---
White Light, White Heat.
#25The_Rami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:17:39 PM
The_Rami posted...

Oh, even better.

And still more to come

So why are you comparing them?
Are you dumb or just trolling?
---
#26kinglink13Posted 10/14/2013 7:20:10 PM
Did it break 4 million yet?

1 year < 4 million

Not good,

By the end of 2006 the Xbox 360 sold 6 million.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#27SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/14/2013 7:24:20 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
The_Rami posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Considering the Wind Waker release was so hyped up, it ought to have moved more systems. This is a pretty strong piece of evidence for what most of us have been saying all along: the problem is *not enough games*. If they release more games, they'll sell more systems.

tbh it wasn't very hyped up at all. Maybe on he Wii U forums it may be hyped up but with GTA V and Pokemon X/Y it wasn't very hyped up for a Zelda game.

Considering all the time it got on Directs and Developer videos, I disagree. Anyone who pays attention to some form of gaming media knew about this. Even if they didn't watch the actual videos, they would have read gaming news that mentioned it.

so you basically said about 4% of the population that buys games knew about it. Vs say anyone that watches TV (I'd guess 98% of the population that could buy one) knowing about pokemon, and GTA V as they had ads plastered all over TV.

Honestly the nintendo directs IMO are mostly a waste of time outside reaching out to the more hardcore nintendo fans, and game sites are not a very popular way to learn Nintendo news. Hell just look at the GameSpot news highlighted on the bottom of the forum pages I still see that story about the 8Gig wii U's being pulled from half a year ago...
#28The_Rami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:25:32 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
The_Rami posted...
1shadetail1 posted...

knew about it =/= hype
---
#29mercurythewhitePosted 10/14/2013 7:33:42 PM
The_Rami posted...
The_Rami posted...

Oh, even better.

And still more to come

So why are you comparing them?
Are you dumb or just trolling?

You are making the comparison, I'm just pointing out your illogic. Are you dumb?

Your logic says Wii U will sell BETTER when more competition arrives.

But it's not selling with less, pick one.
---
White Light, White Heat.
#30The_Rami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:39:54 PM
"illogic" lmao
You're the one that brought up the GameCube.
That's not what I said at all. Show me where I said that.
How does it feel being completely obliterated on the internet? I have more intelligence in my pinky than your entire pathetic self.
---