Questions about certain 3rd party games.

#1BiasmaniaPosted 10/14/2013 6:44:58 PM
I have a couple of questions about some third party games for the Wii U. I have grown to really love my Wii U, and it is seeing a hell of a lot more play then my PC anymore. So I have a couple of questions to the Wii U gamers on here. Batman Armored Edition.... I went to buy it today and a gentleman at Toys R' Us told me that it suffered from horrific frame rate problems, is that true? Splinter Cell? Tekken Tag? Need For Speed? How do they play compared to the current gen counterparts? I really want to support this unit. Therefore I am buying Origins, Watchdogs, and Assassins Creed 4 for my Wii U... My Steam backlog is big enough already.
#2ShiNoBinnPosted 10/14/2013 7:17:28 PM(edited)
Armored Edition runs pretty damn good, I wouldnt listen to the guy that told you that, Splinter Cell has long loading times but when it is done the game runs just fine, TTT2 is perfect, I dont have NFS but I heard that game ran fine on the Wii U as well.

I own these games on the Wii U except NFS and they all run just fine on this system. If you want these games on this system then get them, don't listen to people who just want this system to fail, think for yourself.
---
"Look upon me....do you see how pathetic you are!? Only a chosen few have the power to face me on this level!.."
#3Biasmania(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:06:32 PM
I was just taken aback by how the employee was like man you will be miserable if you buy that game on Wii U has all kinds of technical problems. I decided to ask.
#4regs8376Posted 10/14/2013 7:08:07 PM
Armored edition does run alot worse then its ps3 and 360 counterparts
#5ShiNoBinnPosted 10/14/2013 7:09:20 PM
The guy was BSing so you wouldnt get the game on the WU for some reason, the only time when there is FR issues is when flying, (I think this issue happens on the other systems as well..) this is a rare occurence however... trust me the game is great on the WU
---
"Look upon me....do you see how pathetic you are!? Only a chosen few have the power to face me on this level!.."
#6TalentedMPosted 10/14/2013 7:13:29 PM
"horrific frame rate problems" might be a little harsh.

I honestly only came across it a few times and only when there was way too much stuff going on. I played the original on PC and 360 and I had similar problems, but it was more noticable on the Wii U.

I havent really had a lot of issues with mine at all. A few bits of frameloss here and there but it wasn't HORRIFIC.

The others I have are AC3, which runs fine and Need For Speed. Which also runs fine without any real issues.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#7SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/14/2013 7:59:15 PM
got tekken tag can't say I noticed any issues. Only thing some people have an issue with is load times between levels but I found it tolerable.
#8stalemate_666Posted 10/14/2013 8:08:15 PM
If you have a ps3/360 or a pc that can play it well I'd get it for one of those instead, the employee might of exaggerated but it is the worst version.
---
psn: Stalemate666