List of things Nintendo needs to let us control without the Gamepad

#1DTY3Posted 10/15/2013 5:36:48 PM
1. System Settings. Seriously. Especially since the TV shows **** all.

2. Eshop. Literally no reason. The TV displays what the controller does. Like Miiverse. Only Miiverse lets us use any other controller.

3. This one is odd. If your User is password protected, you need the Gamepad to enter the password. But if it isn't, you can use any controller. Consistency please.

I think consistency is Nintendo's main problem with controller compatibility actually. It's why i get rock hard when i learn things like Mario 3D World supporting all controllers. Hell with that adapter, you could even use aGC controller on that game.

Any others?
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#2PaladinAlikPosted 10/15/2013 5:44:46 PM
If you have a wii u, you have a gamepad.

It's kind of the point of the system.

Use it.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#3GloryChaosPosted 10/15/2013 5:48:30 PM
I don't really have any complaints about what we can and can't use the gamepad for. But I did have this complaint for the Wii and the wiimote. Why couldn't I use the GC controller for the internet browser and the wii menu?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#4CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/15/2013 5:49:01 PM
PaladinAlik posted...
If you have a wii u, you have a gamepad.

It's kind of the point of the system.

Use it.

Errt!

Wrong answer.

There are lots of uses for the system, many of which don't have a use for the gamepad all the time.

What If Im using it as a Wii, but I need to change my network setting?
Kinda silly to make me switch from the controller I'm already using, to the Gamepad.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5BobGuy128Posted 10/15/2013 6:04:11 PM
It can't possibly be that hard to pick up a controller.

It's like all those dumb jokes in sitcoms where "I can't reach the remote, so I can't change the channel!"
---
The terms "casual" and "hardcore" are meaningless, please stop using them.
Now playing: Wind Waker HD
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/15/2013 6:07:51 PM
BobGuy128 posted...

It's like all those dumb jokes in sitcoms where "I can't reach the remote, so I can't change the channel!"

No, its more like using one remote to change the channel, and then having to use an entirely different remote to get to the menu.

Its not a problem because I can't reach a remote, its a problem because what I'm already using is fully capable of doing what I want, they just designed it so I can't.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#7GloryChaosPosted 10/15/2013 6:11:28 PM
BobGuy128 posted...

That analogy doesn't work here. It's more like, "This remote turns on the tv, but it can't change the channel. So I've got to use this other remote for this one thing while I use the remote I'm currently holding."
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#8OzzieArcanePosted 10/15/2013 6:25:47 PM
DTY3 posted...
2. Eshop. Literally no reason. The TV displays what the controller does. Like Miiverse. Only Miiverse lets us use any other controller.

This. 100 times this.

Nintendo needs to accept that the Gamepad is their Kinect and let us disable it unless a game specifically requires it.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#9lp913Posted 10/15/2013 7:31:13 PM
I agree with you TC, but it is surprising that you didn't mention the Web Browser!
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#10HayashiTakaraPosted 10/15/2013 7:33:25 PM
BobGuy128 posted...

He's fat, give him a break. The meat sweats can be hard to deal with.