List of things Nintendo needs to let us control without the Gamepad

#11ShinChuckPosted 10/15/2013 7:27:21 PM
I get it: some people might personally be fine with things exactly how they are, and never changing. More power to you, yay for you, you're already content! But why argue against more options? Why argue with a happier consumer? How does that benefit you, and how does it benefit Nintendo?

More options to accommodate a wider audience = almost always good thing.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#12DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 7:33:31 PM
HayashiTakara posted...
BobGuy128 posted...
It can't possibly be that hard to pick up a controller.

It's like all those dumb jokes in sitcoms where "I can't reach the remote, so I can't change the channel!"

He's fat, give him a break. The meat sweats can be hard to deal with.

I'm actually very slim, but personal insults ARE easier than coming up with a decent rebuttal, after all.

To all those saying "herp just use it" you are missing the point.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#13DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 7:36:31 PM
GloryChaos posted...
BobGuy128 posted...
It can't possibly be that hard to pick up a controller.

It's like all those dumb jokes in sitcoms where "I can't reach the remote, so I can't change the channel!"

That analogy doesn't work here. It's more like, "This remote turns on the tv, but it can't change the channel. So I've got to use this other remote for this one thing while I use the remote I'm currently holding."

This.

What's the point of not letting you use other controllers for things like SETTINGS, then letting us use it for Miiverse? This just gives the system a disjointed feel and it's inconvenient for those days when i wanna just sit and play Super Metroid with a CC.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#14crowe_1Posted 10/16/2013 2:48:57 AM(edited)
I would personally like to be able to control the Plaza on the TV without needing a Wii Remote. If I'm using just tha Pad and I see a cool comment or picture pop up on the TV, I have to switch to the gamepad screen to comment on it. Trouble is, by the time the picture switches to the pad, the post I wanted to comment on is gone. Should be able to use buttons to control what's on the TV, and touch controls to control the menu items on the touchscreen.

It's minor, but still a peeve.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#15TalentedMPosted 10/16/2013 2:18:09 AM
I was pretty sure when you type in your password for purchases it doesn't show up on the TV. Maybe I am just remembering wrong, but I could have sworn it doesn't show there.

Not that I am oppsed to it, if anything it is a nitpick, but to each their own. Never found myself being bothered by it, then again I use the Gamepad more than any of my other controllers unless I launch a game and decide to not use the gamepad (most recently with WWHD I use the Pro).
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#16uneedtowakeupPosted 10/16/2013 2:33:51 AM
Ah kids these days........softer than a marshmallow.
#17DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 5:39:17 AM
TalentedM posted...
I was pretty sure when you type in your password for purchases it doesn't show up on the TV. Maybe I am just remembering wrong, but I could have sworn it doesn't show there.

Not that I am oppsed to it, if anything it is a nitpick, but to each their own. Never found myself being bothered by it, then again I use the Gamepad more than any of my other controllers unless I launch a game and decide to not use the gamepad (most recently with WWHD I use the Pro).

Yeah it shows up on the Gamepad.
But that shouldn't matter. It should show up on the TV if you are using a different controller. Like Miiverse. If you enter a comment with a different controller in Miiverse, the keyboard shows up on the TV.
---
#18Rasputin77Posted 10/16/2013 10:50:28 AM

I'm actually very slim, but personal insults ARE easier than coming up with a decent rebuttal, after all.

Ahaha! I had almost forgotten how seriously you take the internet... still cute. ^_^

And you will grow out of it - that much I can promise.
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
I admit - it's totally my fault for not remembering how young and naive some of you are.
#19DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 11:16:53 AM
Rasputin77 posted...

Ahaha! I had almost forgotten how seriously you take the internet...

I take the internet seriously because of that statement? Really? Aren't you the one always moaning about how the Wii U board makes you physically sick and that it encourages you to not have children? Oooh but nah I'M taking it too seriously...
And isn't this the part where you post pictures of kids or something?
---