WiiU is one game away from truly taking off

#1andizzle29662Posted 10/15/2013 4:45:23 PM
Sales are picking up, consoles are finally selling, I feel the momentum building for WiiU. I think Super Mario 3d World is the game to push WiiU. The console has struggled, but the software is finally there. Pikmin 3, Rayman, NSMBU& NSLU, Zelda and more, it's WiiU time! Next year will probably keep the steam going with Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, and Smash in the first half of 2014.
---
Most WANTED: Super Mario WiiU, link to the past 2, Pokemon x, X, Last of us, pikmin 3, Beyond Two Souls, Rain, Castlevania LOS 2, Watchdogs, Killzone SF
#2Motobug321Posted 10/15/2013 4:47:34 PM
Don't forget Sonic Lost World.

Anyway, I completely agree. I think soon the Wii U will truly pick up! :D
#3enigma2274Posted 10/15/2013 4:47:40 PM
I hope so...but unfortunately don't think so.
---
---
PS3:Diablo 3, GTA 5, Tomb Raider/ WiiU:Wind Waker HD
#4SoaringDivePosted 10/15/2013 4:50:08 PM
Everyone needs to stop this idea of "once x game comes out it will skyrocket". It's going to be a collective force, which has a slow velocity now but once it picks up the energy will be to much to stop.
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive
#5shotgunheadshotPosted 10/15/2013 5:00:37 PM(edited)
Other games are made for WiiU besides first party you know. I don't know why people put those first party games on pedestals all the time. There's lots and lots of great Wii games that weren't first party. Those are good games too.
#6The13DoctorsPosted 10/15/2013 4:59:30 PM
I think the push already began. Zelda was the game the system most needed, not a platformer. Not that it won't be the game to push people to buy the system, but it also needs that game that explains why you want the system, why it's different and better for it. The game to justify the gamepad like Wii Sports justified the Wiimote and Fit the board?.

WWHD was that game. I can't imagine ever playing that without the gamepad.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#7tidusx21Posted 10/15/2013 5:12:29 PM
Just picked up the limited edition wii U and cant stop playing wonderful 101. Kind of reminds me of the SNES days where games were just plain fun to play.... Was a little skeptical about the huge controller but fell in love with it instantly after using it.
---
3DS FC: 0731-4780-9172
#8Schwepps01Posted 10/15/2013 5:22:38 PM
The13Doctors posted...
I think the push already began. Zelda was the game the system most needed, not a platformer. Not that it won't be the game to push people to buy the system, but it also needs that game that explains why you want the system, why it's different and better for it. The game to justify the gamepad like Wii Sports justified the Wiimote and Fit the board?.

WWHD was that game. I can't imagine ever playing that without the gamepad.

How can you say that consumers want to know why Wii U is different and better, but then you say a 10 year old port is exactly what the system needs? I was thinking more in line with a NEW Zelda game to showcase the system. And you really can't imagine playing that game without the Gamepad? Is pressing start to bring up the menu that much different?
---