So Watch_Dogs release date was moved somewhere near Mario Kart 8 release date...

#1wiidbzxt009Posted 10/16/2013 6:13:18 PM
It's truly a shame, I was planning to get Watch_Dogs and Mario World this December for my birthday, but now that WD was moved to spring, I think I'll have to wait for it, MK8 will get my money for sure, since I can't purchase both.

I hope the delay doesn't affects the sales of WD so badly.

Is anyone else going to get MK8 instead of WD? Also, do you think WD will get a price drop or get on sale relatively soon after launch?
---
NNID: Flexile
FCs in my quote
#2Jacob46719Posted 10/16/2013 6:14:29 PM
both
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#3segagamerPosted 10/16/2013 6:14:51 PM
I don't care, I got two pre-ordered games right now. My wallet needs a break.

I'll have to get COD Ghosts during the holidays.
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#4DarkAdonis123Posted 10/16/2013 6:19:11 PM
I wasn't planning on buying watchdogs anyway.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#5slymshadyPosted 10/16/2013 6:22:40 PM
Watchdogs looks like ****, this isnt a loss
#6DBPanterAPosted 10/16/2013 6:25:08 PM
wiidbzxt009 posted...
It's truly a shame, I was planning to get Watch_Dogs and Mario World this December for my birthday, but now that WD was moved to spring, I think I'll have to wait for it, MK8 will get my money for sure, since I can't purchase both.

I hope the delay doesn't affects the sales of WD so badly.

Is anyone else going to get MK8 instead of WD? Also, do you think WD will get a price drop or get on sale relatively soon after launch?

I will buy both as they are two completely different games.

This should not be shocking as Ubisoft recently reported lower than expected sales for both Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. This caused their stock price to plummet 25%. They also have Assassin's Creed 4 coming at the end of the month. Honestly, I enjoy Ubisoft's offerings, but AC4 and Watch Dogs are a similar genre of game (not same game), and releasing each other 3 weeks apart isn't the best decision. Ubisoft is even forecasting lower sales for AC4 than AC3 (10 million for AC4 vs. 12.5 million for AC3).

Placing Watch Dogs is March/April when most people will be looking for something new is a good idea. The industry has a tendency to release 75-85% of retail games in the Sept-Dec window, making it hard on consumers.

If you expect a price drop on Watch_Dogs, I wouldn't count on much of drop (maybe on sale for $10 off). Video game publishers, as well as retail, do not like selling their goods at such drastic loses that benefit the consumer. This is why you are seeing physical retail games being harder to come by as a way to keep the price up, as well as keeping retailers happy since they generally buy a console game with a MSRP for somewhere between $42-52. When you see that sale, it is the retailer just trying to break even and not eat a massive loss.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#7Prince ShondronaiPosted 10/16/2013 6:25:36 PM
Mario Kart can wait until my birthday in July. I'll get Watch Dogs day 1.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#8ShiNoBinnPosted 10/16/2013 6:26:21 PM
Jacob46719 posted...
both

---
"Look upon me....do you see how pathetic you are!? Only a chosen few have the power to face me on this level!.."
#9Mandrew257Posted 10/16/2013 6:42:07 PM
That is until we here "Please Understand" at the spring direct.
---
WATCH OUT! HE'S GOT GETTING AWAY FROM THE COPS SPEED!
#10DDP886Posted 10/16/2013 6:46:07 PM
Rustled jimmies thanks to gta5
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR