Wii games look amazing on the gamepad....

#1shaunmePosted 10/17/2013 1:48:58 AM
seriously, they look stunning they must have similar resolutions because Smg2 looks like a next gen game when viewed on the pad, then a horrible mess when on my tv.Shame that the gamepad is completely impractical when it comes t wii games but i would imagine if we ever get gamecube on the vc those games will look stunning as well.
---
Nintendo can only dream of selling PS2 numbers. NNID:shaunme1
only 1 non Wii u owning troll on my ignore list.
#2knightimexPosted 10/17/2013 4:43:11 AM
Well to be fair, the DPI ( Dots per inch) of the gamepad is tighter than that of a TV.
When a lower resolution is played on a screen with a good DPI, the visuals naturally look good.

The DPI has to match the aspect ratio of the resolution of the game to look good.
Screen size also plays an important factor.

Take the software out of that environment, the static DPI of said game ends up being stretched to match that of the larger screen, resulting is less than desirable results.
---
Games I'm currently playing: Final Fantasy 9 (ps1), Serious Sam 3 BFE (pc)
#3STE573Posted 10/17/2013 4:50:11 AM
All I want is a patch so I can play Xenoblade on the gamepad and using only the gamepad. Having to use a controller is a bit if a swing and a miss imo. Still, all the games I have played have looked great.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- X-STE-90-X Playing- FFXIII-PS3, Killzone- PS3, Farcry 3- PS3, Golden Sun- GBA, Uncharted GA- Vita.
#4spikejetedPosted 10/17/2013 6:38:20 AM
The gamepad gets a lot of flak from some people because it is not HD. However it has excellent PPSI. Pixels per Square Inch. I have heard more than the iPad 2. Not sure if true.

I do agree with TC in that the Wii games look sweet on the GPad. Obviously due to a small screen. I remember when my buddy played Tri on a 19 inch Samsung HDTV. Man, I guess that's what size tv it was made for because it looked HD, but not on my 42inch.

I also agree that Classic controller games should let players use the GamePad as is. Hopefully soon enough. Nintendo has been looking out for consumers as of late.
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
#5spikejetedPosted 10/17/2013 6:38:37 AM
The gamepad gets a lot of flak from some people because it is not HD. However it has excellent PPSI. Pixels per Square Inch. I have heard more than the iPad 2. Not sure if true.

I do agree with TC in that the Wii games look sweet on the GPad. Obviously due to a small screen. I remember when my buddy played Tri on a 19 inch Samsung HDTV. Man, I guess that's what size tv it was made for because it looked HD, but not on my 42inch.

I also agree that Classic controller games should let players use the GamePad as is. Hopefully soon enough. Nintendo has been looking out for consumers as of late.
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
#6Klon_RedfieldPosted 10/17/2013 7:09:17 AM
I first played Kirby on the Gamepad and it looked amazing, not so much on the TV (kind of pixelated). The only thing I need now is to be able set Wii mode without a TV and the console will be perfect.
---
Playing: Etrian Odyssey III (DS), Dark Souls (PS3), TLoZ: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
#7YeloazndevilPosted 10/17/2013 11:23:27 PM
Klon_Redfield posted...
I first played Kirby on the Gamepad and it looked amazing, not so much on the TV (kind of pixelated). The only thing I need now is to be able set Wii mode without a TV and the console will be perfect.

Press and hold b on the gamepad when starting up the wii u and it will go to wii mode
---
GT/PSN/NNID: Yeloazndevil
#8nonexistingheroPosted 10/17/2013 11:34:07 PM
On mobile devices, sub-hd resolutions are actually HD. 720p is pretty much overkill. The only reason why 1080p screens look better is because of the color, light, etc... but not the pixel count. So while the Gamepad's resolution technically isn't HD, it does look as good as HD and most people won't be able to notice a difference between that and actual HD resolutions in terms of pixel count.

And before you say that I'm just being critical because I don't know the bliss of HD or some nonsense like that, I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 with a 1080p screen.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9Starwars4JPosted 10/17/2013 11:36:01 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
On mobile devices, sub-hd resolutions are actually HD.

Oh my God HD doesn't work that way
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10oq7sterPosted 10/18/2013 12:11:04 AM
Yeloazndevil posted...
Klon_Redfield posted...

Press and hold b on the gamepad when starting up the wii u and it will go to wii mode

Not anymore. It goes to a menu asking if you want to output to the gamepad or the tv. It requires the tv to select cause they didn't think about displaying that menu on the gamepad...
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
http://i.imgur.com/WHRNrBkh.jpg; OJdaJuiceman is OP