Nintendo needs to make Super Mario super again.

#1PoppaKroganPosted 10/17/2013 2:57:46 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to 3D World, I loved Super Mario 3D Land, but 3D World just isn't super.

The Wii360 generation kind of caused Mario to become...well...not so super, he started with a bang, with New Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Galaxy...but then every other main series Mario game was just a rehash of those games.

This generation started off good with Super Mario 3D Land, but now we're just getting a sequel, it seems like a better sequel then NSMBW or Super Mario Galaxy 2 which were just straight up extended versions (though NSMBW did add multiplayer so thats a plus). So I give major points to 3D World for that, but I hope the next Mario game for the Wii U is something truly spectacular.
---
I knew we forgot someone...you.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 10/17/2013 3:07:53 AM
3D World looks like it could be the best Mario game for years to come, maybe topping even G2, I don't see how anyone could be disappointed by it.
#3smash66Posted 10/17/2013 3:11:52 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
3D World looks like it could be the best Mario game for years to come.

A rehashed 3ds game? I know that Nintendos creativity is going downhill but you don't have to lower your standard. >.<
#4PoppaKrogan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 3:24:24 AM
smash66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

A rehashed 3ds game? I know that Nintendos creativity is going downhill but you don't have to lower your standard. >.<

It's not as rehashed as Galaxy 2 or the "New" series.

It has a plethora of new powerups (aside from the regular 1-2 new powerups) it looks incredible, the multiplayer looks like it actually has a use now, and it's more 3D Land style gameplay, which I always wanted before 3D Land even came out.
---
#5Snow-DustPosted 10/17/2013 3:49:49 AM
Lets say it IS a rehash of 3D land. So? they are on different system, have it ever occur to you that I want to play 3D land but sadly i dont have a 3DS and will not have enough to buy one. So 3D world is on Wii U which i DO have and its a better version with much more stuff. Yay me and other Wii U owners that dont have a 3ds
#6jragon23Posted 10/17/2013 3:51:55 AM
i agree OP we need more mario, 10 mario based games a year just isnt enough
#7DeathSoul2000Posted 10/17/2013 4:00:59 AM
smash66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Clearly you haven't watched beyond the initial E3 trailer, because there is no way you can label it a "rehashed 3DS game" anymore after the latest trailer, you just... can't. But, you've already made up your mind so I may as well not even bother.
#8PoppaKrogan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 4:06:38 AM
jragon23 posted...
i agree OP we need more mario, 10 mario based games a year just isnt enough

Yes, me saying that we need less rehashes and more original titles is the same as saying we need more side games and rehashes.
---
#9knightimexPosted 10/17/2013 4:33:08 AM(edited)
smash66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Please name a very popular game that's not a rehash of an older game, or is a clone of another that's using a gimmick,

Example: Watch Dogs is just a lesser version of GTA with a glorified hack mod.
Battlefield 4 is the pretty version of battlefield 3.

Braid is just a gimped version of Super Mario bros with a time control gimmick.
---
Games I'm currently playing: Final Fantasy 9 (ps1), Serious Sam 3 BFE (pc)
#10PoppaKrogan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 4:53:26 AM
knightimex posted...
smash66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Please name a very popular game that's not a rehash of an older game, or is a clone of another that's using a gimmick,

Example: Watch Dogs is just a lesser version of GTA with a glorified hack mod.
Battlefield 4 is the pretty version of battlefield 3.

Braid is just a gimped version of Super Mario bros with a time control gimmick.

With your logic you can make any game a clone of any other game.

Pokemon is just Final Fantasy VI with a monster capturing gimmick and a crappy story and no good villains.
---