Is the Wii U Gamepad comfortable?

#11The13DoctorsPosted 10/17/2013 8:00:00 PM
Surprisingly so. Even moreso than any 360 controller I've used. The sticks on top and position of the 4 back button feel incredibly natural to hold. You can comfortably lay 4 fingers on each of the back buttons allowing you to refrain from having to move your index finger often, giving you delays in your actions in game. A bit weird using your middle fingers for pressing buttons at first but that only lasted a few minutes.

This layout is definitely better for shooters and I actually found myself preferring the digital triggers over analog. I actually play a lot better on Wii U because of it all, digital triggers and the placement of the buttons utilizing four fingers instead of just the index fingers.

The buttons are great, responsive with a nice feel to them and I must say, this is Nintendo's best D-Pad, by far, and that's saying something. As for the screen, I never want to go back to playing without it. The buttons are always in reach. Can't say much for the TV button feature as I don't use it. Cut the cord on that a long time ago.

I'm sure everyone else has mentioned how light it is, very. Has a good weight to it.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#12Motobug321Posted 10/17/2013 8:14:43 PM
Very comfortable. It's a lot lighter than it looks at first glance.
#13Galaxy_Nova(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 8:22:15 PM
I'm Very happy to here the good experiences
---
Refreshing Like A Spring Breeze.
#14IcedEarthaholicPosted 10/17/2013 8:27:29 PM
Quite comfy here, was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable this badboy is.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#15Golden MavenPosted 10/17/2013 9:21:11 PM
It's comfortable to hold, but I find the back triggers a bit awkward to press considering you need to maintain a good grip to hold this thing.

I say this while freely admitting that no controller is perfect.
#16SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/17/2013 9:25:55 PM
Galaxy_Nova posted...
@ strongo

Then that's good to know! I've tried it on display at the store but since it's hooked up to a security cord it adds extra weight, which naturally gives off the impression of a heavier gameplay experience.

Was verifying :)

That was what my sister said when I told her I ordered one a few months back. She was like YOU KNOW THAT GAME PAD IS HEAVY RIGHT

In all honesty it feels lighter then my original 3ds plus I find it very comfortable to hold as the control sticks, and the buttons are spread out due to the screen being on the controller
#17NJWrasslerPosted 10/20/2013 12:33:46 PM
You can also buy a cover for it at best buy for about 2 bucks thats adds a nice grip to it, only flaw is that the plus and minus buttons are just as hiugh as the cover so they are a little hard to tell which you are hitting. But the extra grip is so worth it.
#18DDP886Posted 10/20/2013 12:35:22 PM
It's ok, the ps3 controller is more comfortable.
Also the wiiu tablet buttons wear down and fall off easy so be gentle when you use the pad
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#19BlueInfinityPosted 10/20/2013 12:39:03 PM
DDP886 posted...
Also the wiiu tablet buttons wear down and fall off easy so be gentle when you use the pad

What?

That's so untrue, it's not even funny.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger
#20HayashiTakaraPosted 10/20/2013 1:32:43 PM
BlueInfinity posted...
DDP886 posted...

What?

That's so untrue, it's not even funny.

Ignore DDP886, he's a troll here.