My wiiU gamepad touch screen messed up.

#1xion1Posted 10/17/2013 11:17:06 PM
Ok I just got the wiiU a few weeks ago and I never had a problem until just now when I tried logging in my account I noticed that when I clicked the letters they it choose the ones next to one I clicked, example if I pressed F then G would be clicked, I dunno why it's doing this but maybe it's cause I clean my screen so much since I see the fingerprints that I do sometimes when using it, I wipe the fingerprints away all the time so I think maybe I moved something or it's just a glitch that goes away if I turn it off, anyway I'm worried about my gamepad is there anything I can do?
#2TalentedMPosted 10/17/2013 11:19:39 PM
Try restarting it. If it still does it it might just be broken.

My phone has done that TONS of times. Turning it off and on again usually corrects it. For refrence though, my Wii U Gamepad has not ever done that once in the 10 months I have owned it... So take it as you will.

If a restart fixes it, it might have just been a glitch.

What are you cleaning it with, the cloth that it came with?
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#3deadpigs101Posted 10/17/2013 11:22:12 PM
you need to recalibrate your screen, check out the Wii U settings for the option
---
GT: DonGiovanni023
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/DonGiovanni023/siggy-1.jpg
#4TalentedMPosted 10/17/2013 11:23:12 PM
deadpigs101 posted...
you need to recalibrate your screen, check out the Wii U settings for the option

This too!

I totally forgot about that. I did it once with the console and never did it again :D.
---
#5xion1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 11:24:17 PM
Oh nevermind I just did a touch screen calibration test and it fixed it right up, boy that's a relief I was worried for a sec.
#6TalentedMPosted 10/17/2013 11:25:10 PM
Good deal! Glad it is working!

Sending things in sucks, I should know, 4 360s later.
---
#7xion1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 11:30:46 PM
Yeah I know I wouldn't wanna explain this to my mother after she got me this a few weeks ago, anyway thanks alot guys.