Sonic's Lost World disappoints IGN with a 5.8 mediocre rating

#21Godstriker8Posted 10/17/2013 11:55:46 PM
bountyhunter85 posted...
FlyinTonite posted...
only thing I don't get is that they seemed to really enjoy it from the previews I read on IGN. What changed?

Sega's cheque didn't clear in time for the review.

There's always one in a topic about IGN.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#22tuna-eggPosted 10/17/2013 11:57:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#23novelaaPosted 10/17/2013 11:59:24 PM
is this a surprise? its a sonic game, they all suck since sonic 3 & knuckles
#24Craig--aPosted 10/18/2013 12:00:06 AM
I disappointing 3D Sonic? thats never happened before...

I am a massive fan of old school Sonic, I grew up with Sonic and I loved generations but pretty much every other 3D game he has been in has been ****!
#25bountyhunter85Posted 10/18/2013 12:01:01 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
bountyhunter85 posted...
FlyinTonite posted...
only thing I don't get is that they seemed to really enjoy it from the previews I read on IGN. What changed?

GTA V's review pretty much prove corruption in reviews today.
---
NNID & PSN: Benzuko XBL: Benzuko1985
3DS: 4081 5484 0944
#26PUNCHOUT1116Posted 10/18/2013 12:01:14 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
Reminds me of ZombiU. Glowing previews, low review score.

I wasn't getting this game anyway, but it would nice if IGN could have more consistent previews/reviews.

Previews are only from what they've been allowed to play where reviews they get to play the whole game.

More then likely Sega gave them previews of levels they worked the best on, and only certain parts of it where the game itself might be a bit messier then that.

Star Wars Forced Unleashed 2 was the same way. From the small bit reviewers played it seem'd like a huge improvement over Force Unleashed 1. However the game itself was actually only 3 to 4 hours long and the gameplay didn't change up at all. This is why Previews also change from reviews, more then just sponsorship. Game companies get to choose the best parts of games to kind of get a good preview. Similar to how trailers can hype up someone but then they get the full game and it's completely not what they expected.

While I agree with this, the reviewer here spends a fair chunk of time complaining about the core mechanics themselves, including the jumping, which you would think would have been an issue discussed during the many preview playthroughs at the time.

Don't get me wrong, I've had great demos sell me on mediocre games before so I can agree with ya there, but it just strikes me as odd that they wouldn't have mentioned the games mechanical problems until now :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#27IokuaPosted 10/18/2013 12:03:20 AM
iKhan88 posted...
iKhan88 posted...
This is IGN and not Gamespot, so I am genuinely worried.

IGN at least has good standards for their reviews and reviewers. Gamespot hires people because they can write well, and as a result reviews are often horribly explained, and tend to point out how sequels have things in common with their predecessors and that that is a bad thing.

Never mind, I take that back. This IGN review was a clear outlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv3S5uk1XSE

The Ranting Robots tend to really nail a score close to the average

Of course they do, their reviews are fake, they haven't actually played the game. They're making **** up.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#28AH88Posted 10/18/2013 12:03:53 AM
bountyhunter85 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
bountyhunter85 posted...
FlyinTonite posted...

GTA V(or IV, or any Call of Duty)'s review pretty much prove corruption in reviews today.

Fixed that for you.
#29JahkeemyorkPosted 10/18/2013 12:10:51 AM(edited)
GTAV's an excellent game though, dunno why you guys hating on it, it deserved it's 10 out of 10. Call of Duty on the other hand, well I'd give those an 8 at best, and that's only the best one the rest probably a 7/10. I don't like CoD games but to have their games getting so much sales with peopel still enjoying them obviously they're doing something to make the games fun and enjoyable.

http://digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/159-nintendo-wii-u/11086-sonic-lost-world.html 5.6/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/sonic_lost_world 7/10 (3DS version got a 5/10)
#30bountyhunter85Posted 10/18/2013 12:10:00 AM
AH88 posted...
bountyhunter85 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
bountyhunter85 posted...
FlyinTonite posted...

GTA V(or IV, or any Call of Duty)'s review pretty much prove corruption in reviews today.

Thank you, My selective amnesia had blocked them out.

Fixed that for you.

---
NNID & PSN: Benzuko XBL: Benzuko1985
3DS: 4081 5484 0944