Sonic Lost Worlds Review Roundup

#21senelcoolidge_Posted 10/18/2013 1:03:03 AM
I really hope people don't actually base their purchases around "reviews" or "scores."

R-right?
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#22waspennator6Posted 10/18/2013 1:04:11 AM
For some reason, I have this feeling that these games are going to be false lights of hope for chances for the Wii U to come back. I just am not sure if I should keep supporting or I should just hop off to avoid further disappointment and trust me, I know the experience of hyping up a dead carcass of a game.
#23liveman789Posted 10/18/2013 1:06:51 AM
senelcoolidge_ posted...
I really hope people don't actually base their purchases around "reviews" or "scores."

R-right?

When ONE review gives a game a bad score, that's one thing. The guy might have a different opinion.

But when most of the other review scores are low, then it's likely not a great game.
#24senelcoolidge_Posted 10/18/2013 1:11:44 AM
liveman789 posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...

R-right?

When ONE review gives a game a bad score, that's one thing. The guy might have a different opinion.

But when most of the other review scores are low, then it's likely not a great game.

Still doesn't sit right with me. I've seen way too many sites tear apart some games that I find incredible. And if for any instance I listened to them I would have missed out on some quality games.
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#25xHOJUxPosted 10/18/2013 1:21:29 AM
senelcoolidge_ posted...
liveman789 posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...

R-right?

Still doesn't sit right with me. I've seen way too many sites tear apart some games that I find incredible. And if for any instance I listened to them I would have missed out on some quality games.

If something about a game seems interesting to you and you still want to check it out for yourself that's fine, it's good to do that with games that you see something in, but to just ignore all reviews for every game is just a waste of time and money. I'm not spending $50 on a Sonic game getting 6's from everywhere. Life's too short, and Mario comes out next month.
---
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spinning-pile-driver/id481542152
#26ShinChuckPosted 10/18/2013 1:31:19 AM
senelcoolidge_ posted...
liveman789 posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...

R-right?

I think the middle ground approach is to ignore the scores but actually read the reviews and see what's being said. A common thread in reviews might be, "Shenmue requires a lot of waiting around, and there's no way to skip to the next event. You just hang around in the city until it happens," and so it's docked points.

But knowing myself, I know that I like that kind of thing. It's immersive to me. So, using my own knowledge of what I like, I can safely assume I'll like that aspect.

I guess what I'm saying is, I kind of agree with you: ignore the scores. But there's a trend on the internet to shout "zomg ignore reviews judge for yourself!" which simply isn't feasible for those who aren't rich and full of free time. Instead, use them to understand games, and if you understand yourself, your tastes, and how gaming journalism works, you can better spend your time and money.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#27G1ingyPosted 10/18/2013 1:41:15 AM(edited)
Huh.........so the reviews are all blasting different things while praising different things...some of the praises and criticisms appear to be overlapping with each other in different reviews...

I think a better barometer is comparing each site's reviews with their reviews for previous Sonic games.
#28Haley Joel OsmentPosted 10/18/2013 1:47:35 AM
G1ingy posted...
Huh.........so the reviews are all blasting different things while praising different things...some of the praises and criticisms appear to be overlapping with each other in different reviews...

Well golly gosh user G1ingy, it almost seems like humans aren't mass-produced robots sharing a hive mind, and thus have different opinions on what's enjoyable!

---
I see dead people.
#29segagamerPosted 10/18/2013 1:50:03 AM
This makes me kinda sad. This game looked really good. What a bunch of false lies.

One of the Wii U's only holiday games is average, not good for Nintendo.

Also, early previews seemed to get great reception?

Well, I'll need a demo to want to buy it. And not just 1st level, please.
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#30DreamSiamesePosted 10/18/2013 2:03:25 AM(edited)
Yup, I'm definitely going with a PS4.