The Sonic Cycle continues. Another bad Sonic game.

#11Chocobo115Posted 10/18/2013 3:43:30 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
I hope the multiplatform Sonic game will be better :/

there's been a multiplat sonic title announced?

I guess it's still mainly a rumor.

But I've heard it's a PS4/X1/WiiU multiplat title called Sonic Thunderstorm or possible Sonic: Blue Thunder. according to the rumors it sounds a bit like Sonic Adventures/Heroes. Ach will have to wait and see rumors say it'll be announced spring 2014.
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#12mcsmellingtonPosted 10/18/2013 3:44:32 AM
Isn't every Sonic game a bad game?
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#13LordrvPosted 10/18/2013 3:52:14 AM
mcsmellington posted...
Isn't every Sonic game a bad game?

There were good until Sonic Heroes lawl
#14Starwars4JPosted 10/18/2013 4:03:37 AM
I remember some early reviews of Sonic 06 calling it great, and giving it 8-9/10

Those were clearly accurate, so surely these are too.

I've played some of Sonic Lost World, and it was pretty fun. That's all that matters to me.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#15Big_IsaacPosted 10/18/2013 4:09:49 AM
Starwars4J posted...
I remember some early reviews of Sonic 06 calling it great, and giving it 8-9/10

I've played some of Sonic Lost World, and it was pretty fun. That's all that matters to me.

Your logic is full of fail.
Sonic 06 got good reviews early on because Sonic is a big franchise. A lot of reviewers won't give big name games bad scores even if they would deserve them, simply because they fear being flamed by the fans.
This is why IGN gave Skyward Sword a perfect score despite the obvious flaws (not saying SS is bad, mind you. Just not a 10/10 perfect one)
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#16Revival125Posted 10/18/2013 4:32:22 AM
Sega should do themselves a favour and just make a proper sonic 4 with sega graphics, classic sonic. It won't cost anything to make, and it will sell and review better than the crap they have shoved out the last 10 years.
---
Spread Your Wings And Fly Away With Me
#17Big_IsaacPosted 10/18/2013 4:47:09 AM
Revival125 posted...
Sega should do themselves a favour and just make a proper sonic 4 with sega graphics, classic sonic. It won't cost anything to make, and it will sell and review better than the crap they have shoved out the last 10 years.

For a 3D Sonic, here is what you do:
Take the engine of the good sonic games, namely Colors and Generations, and make more levels for them with a half-baked plot to tie the levels together. The end.
This isn't ****Ing rocket science and I have no idea why the hell Sonic Team seems to be entirely incapable of understanding it.
Take what worked in the past, polish it up a bit and do it again. It's what Mario and Zelda have been doing for the last 2 decades for crying out loud.

For all the "inspiration" Lost World took from Mario Galaxy, it missed the most important lesson - that you don't have to reinvent the wheel with every freaking game.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#18EoinPosted 10/18/2013 4:49:53 AM
Revival125 posted...

Yep.

The sad thing is that people have been saying that for years. Sonic 4 is Sega's response to that idea, and while it seems like it's done fairly well commercially, I don't think there's many people who'd rate it as higher as the Mega Drive/Genesis games.
#19slymshadyPosted 10/18/2013 4:58:56 AM
XD at thinking a 3d sonic game would be good
#20P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 10/18/2013 5:12:38 AM
Starwars4J posted...

This. Reviewers are full of it anyway, and I never trust them.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"