Will Mario 3D World be enough to carry the Wii U thru the Holidays?

#1Dev0311Posted 10/18/2013 9:58:29 AM
Will Mario 3D World be enough to carry the Wii U thru the Holidays? - Results (160 votes)
Yes
33.13% (53 votes)
No
31.88% (51 votes)
Maybe so
35% (56 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Since the Sonic exclusive bombed, what's left for Wii U this holiday season? Mario 3D World... But will it be enough?
#2DrumguyPosted 10/18/2013 10:00:28 AM
This topic couldn't be more ignorant.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#3AdamLazarusoPosted 10/18/2013 10:17:02 AM
Your face is one thing that is more ignorant than this topic.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#4DrumguyPosted 10/18/2013 10:19:21 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
Your face is one thing that is more ignorant than this topic.

That was so unbelievably lame that it was funny. Congrats.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#5AdamLazarusoPosted 10/18/2013 10:20:30 AM
Anyways, the way I see it people don't really buy systems for Mario games, they just buy Mario games for systems that they already own.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#6trenkenPosted 10/18/2013 10:25:17 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
Anyways, the way I see it people don't really buy systems for Mario games, they just buy Mario games for systems that they already own.

Thats the case now. That was NOT the case for the NES, SNES and N64, which happen to be their 3 best systems. Back then people did buy Nintendo systems for Mario games. Its part of how the term system seller was born.

Now Mario games are just lame rehashes of the past so who would spend $300 to play a 3D Land game? So no, this game is not even close to enough.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#7big_pimperPosted 10/18/2013 10:28:26 AM
yeah
ps4 is getting all their games delayed, no one buys a new system to play rehashed shooters and sports game that are available on current gen systems
no one is buying xboxone

super mario 3d world looks great look at all the nintendo haters and psbox fan boys stepping up their troll game and do damage control
---
3DS FC: 5343-8629-6662
PC+Wii U+ 3DS XL Master Race
#8EndgamePosted 10/18/2013 10:40:36 AM
no

Super Mario Bros. at launch already failed to sell Wii U

Mario isn't a system seller anymore, Iwata whoring him out as of late has a lot to do with that.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#9parkourboybryanPosted 10/18/2013 10:41:39 AM
No, but Mario combined with these will:

-Nintendo Land
-New Super Mario/Luigi U
-Wind Waker HD
-Pikmin 3
-Wii Fit U
-The Wonderful 101
-Wii Sports Club
-Wii Party U

Combined with the third party games and these ones on the horizon:

-Sonic Lost World
-Rayman Legends
-COD Ghosts
-Batman Arkham Origins
-Assassin's Creed IV

And here's the other games out already that range from okay to great:

-ZombiU
-Tekken Tag 2
-Assassin's Creed 3
-Batman Arkham City
-Mass Effect 3
-Lego City Undercover
-Wario
-Resident Evil Revelations
-Splinter Cell: Blacklist
-Disney Infinity
-Skylanders Swap Force

It'll do fine this holiday to hold it until DKC, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta 2, and Yarn Yoshi come out.

There's not even the factor that it's a minimum $100 cheaper than it's next competition, and it's the only next gen console to sport full backwards compatibility.

It took a while to get off of it's feet, but it's going to start hitting its stride. It probably won't outsell PS4 this holiday season, but it'll be set up well for the next year.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com
#10DTY3Posted 10/18/2013 10:42:25 AM
How did it bomb? For one, it hasn't even been out in America yet.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.