Will Mario 3D World be enough to carry the Wii U thru the Holidays?

#21jastenPosted 10/18/2013 11:42:22 AM
Mario can still sell systems... but not to the tune of what he used to do. In fact, the cap for systems bought simply for Mario is probably almost reached with the Wii U already. Mario isn't going to move 10 million plus systems on his own anymore... especially for a system with little to no support outside of a scant few old franchises.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#22Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 1:48:28 PM
I'm getting bored of Mario especially with NSMBU. But 3D World looks like a nice change of pace.
#23LordrvPosted 10/18/2013 2:23:33 PM
NINTENDOOM'ED

ios & facebook is **THE** future of casual gaming!

RIP Nintendo, that's what you get for selling out to the casuals
#24gnomelord255Posted 10/21/2013 7:33:12 AM
Did you guys forget that Japan is basically Nintendo's territory until February? I'd go as far as to say it was always their territory, but Japanese gamers aren't stupid - the Wii U lacks games in key franchises and nobody is buying in yet.

You don't buy a Wii U to play just Call of Duty or Splinter Cell.
#25Fisto81Posted 10/21/2013 7:39:47 AM
Uh,,,,,, considering 3D World looks better than the entire PS4 and Xbone lineup, yes.
#26ResponderPosted 10/23/2013 8:52:17 PM
Dev0311 posted...
Responder posted...
The_Rater posted...
no, hopefully in 2014 they support that super smash bros with an actual big pokemon title since they keep on rehashing mario way too much.

How is Mario being rehashed? What is your solution for it?

Hmm maybe a new platformer IP

ITP: Sequels = rehashes
#27blinkfreakPosted 10/23/2013 9:15:16 PM
Didn't Nintendo say a few months back that they have unannounced games that would be revealed later this year (and possibly released this year)? I'm too lazy to find the link but I'm pretty sure I saw it on gonintendo. I can't remember there being any new game announcements since e3 unless they count the animal crossings miiverse and art academy as being those new titles.
#28Gogo726Posted 10/24/2013 1:40:32 AM
I think with the NSMBU bundle and this game, I'm optimistic that more people will get on board with the Wii U.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#29mcnichojPosted 10/24/2013 1:42:26 AM
Voted maybe but I'm leaning on a "probably not".
The Mario game currently out didn't save the Wii and I doubt a 3DS sequel is going to sway a lot of people.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#30TalentedMPosted 10/24/2013 2:13:44 AM
Well it has that along with Sports Club coming, Wii Fit U and Wii Party U. The NSMBU/NSLU bundle as well might push a few more people to get it and of course parents who aren't interested in what the PS4 and X1 has for their child.

But for the most part I think SM3DW will do really well and I can't personally wait to get my hands on it.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing