Could YOU run Nintendo better than Iwata?

#51TerotrousPosted 10/20/2013 10:08:08 PM(edited)
Obviously I wouldn't be qualified for Iwata's job. It's not like he's the one making the games anyway, much of what he does will be having meetings and negotiations with people.

However, one problem Nintendo definitely does have is that they're a bit out of touch with gamers. I don't think anyone in an executive position is really connected to gaming culture and this causes them to make some poor decisions (for example, having Nintendoland be their big game at E3 two years ago). I have a massive amount of experience with all things Nintendo and I've talked with all kinds of different gamers, so I could probably make a good community manager or something like that.

Though I would likely abuse my position for my own personal gain:

"Haven't you guys heard? There's totally a lot of fan buzz surrounding Culdcept. You should really localize that game".
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#52TheGreatUnownPosted 10/20/2013 10:08:04 PM
squatch22 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
I doubt anyone frequenting GameFAQs could have ran Nintendo in any way that puts $12 Billion in their bank account, with zero debt.

Especially everyone saying "<insert random animal, vegetable or mineral> could run Nintendo better than Iwata."

This.

B-b-but everyone on GameFAQs is a successful entrepreneur in addition to being an analyst, economist, engineer and english professor.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579 XBL:IronPatriot215
Trolls should see this: http://youtu.be/Tkm5K2fu0AI?t=1m38s
#53AceMosPosted 10/20/2013 10:15:10 PM
nintendo has been more profitable under iwata's run than it ever has been in its entire history

iwata use to make video games he knows how things are done

iwata is the one who saved hal lab's (i think it was hal)

so NO infact i dont think any one could do a better job than iwata as he knows the industry
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#54ResponderPosted 10/20/2013 10:40:12 PM
VanderZoo posted...
I feel confident in saying I could. I think I know gamers and gaming better than Iwata.

Tell us, then. What would you do in Iwata's place?
#55darkjedilinkPosted 10/21/2013 12:56:27 AM
Izec posted...
Dannyson97 posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
Yep!

First thing I would do is scrap the Wii U and launch a new Nintendo console with quad 12-core processors, 14 gigs of RAM, and dual Titans. Because that's what gamers want.

Yep and then Sony would register Nintendo as a threat and kick their *** again just like the GameCube.

Sony couldn't have done a goddamn thing if Nintendo had chosen to actually make a powerful and easy to develop for console at a reasonable price. Their exclusives aren't better, their online isn't free, they are in debt and Nintendo is not.

Sony will win this gen purely because the competitors made tons of noticeable mistakes and you basically have to try to fail to do as poorly as them.

You described the GameCube in its day TO A TEE.

Sony's console was harder to develop for, more expensive and SIGNIFICANTLY less powerful. It still won handily.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#56neversayeverPosted 10/21/2013 12:58:56 AM
No but i can hit on his wife at walmart, and it would be like the same thing
#57GamerRafPosted 10/21/2013 1:37:17 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Yep!

First thing I would do is scrap the Wii U and launch a new Nintendo console with quad 12-core processors, 14 gigs of RAM, and dual Titans. Because that's what gamers want.

Enjoy the $800+ launch price because you'll be losing more then half of the money is it were to sell at $300
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#58StarBladeEdgePosted 10/21/2013 2:27:41 AM
i could run squareenix better , that's for sure...but even a 4 year old could do this probably.
---
Boujng !
#59IzecPosted 10/21/2013 2:39:09 AM
darkjedilink posted...

Sony's console was harder to develop for, more expensive and SIGNIFICANTLY less powerful. It still won handily.

GC had an annoying disc format and was released a year after PS2.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#60darkjedilinkPosted 10/21/2013 2:55:55 AM
Izec posted...
darkjedilink posted...

GC had an annoying disc format and was released a year after PS2.

Which fits the point you were arguing against, not your point.

YOU said they needed to just release a cheap, powerful system that was easy to develop for. Compared to its competition, the GameCube had the best combo by far - it was the easiest to develop for of the three, about as powerful as the Xbox, and the cheapest by over $100 at retail.

Yet it lost soundly, and not just because of its "annoying disc format." It lost because of the PS2 hype, and nothing more. Ergo, you don't know what you're talking about.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie