Wow Sonic Lost World is terrible

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wow Sonic Lost World is terrible
2 years ago#1
I just played the game and all I have to say is what the hell happened to Sonic's speed? Even the "fast" levels feel slow by Sonic's standards. Obviously, it feels more like Mario Galaxy than it does a Sonic game, but that's the problem. I don't want a Mario themed Sonic game. It's okay to take some elements, but this is pretty much a rip-off for the most part, and comes off as a game that has been done before.
2 years ago#2
Yes, I'm sure you played the game and are not simply capitalizing on the fan reaction to the low to average review scores to troll.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
2 years ago#3
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
2 years ago#4
Press the spindash button and get back to me.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
2 years ago#5
TC would rather have an on rail game with some QTEs?
That's the only way to get high speed without dying
/crashing into stuff every ten seconds.

Go play Sonic on the master system or megadrive (genesis). Let's see how much of those games is a fast blur.

Not much between the platforming section, especially if you make a mistake and end up in the slow lane.
2 years ago#6
I just think the whole design doesn't fit the Wii U. I mean, it is a console capable of boasting great visuals, but it has a weak processor to handle speed and fluidity, so much that the game's focus on motion smoothness works against the console's strengths. It's like developing a Sonic game for the SNES, where beautiful imagery would have to be sacrificed for speed... I would have preferred lower frame-rate and more detail in its modelling and texturing for immersing world-like levels, to accommodate its slower pace and exploration potential, which also means ditching the tubular, forward centered design. All of this 60 FPS crap is going to destroy Wii U games' potential if developers don't push that VDP and don't stop wasting the RAM on unnecessary tasks. That means a slower game than Generations, but more beautiful and with wider levels.
---
If there was no entry in the Past of whatever I will become,
Then I travelled to the Future the moment that I was gone!
2 years ago#7
Jobocan posted...
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).

You mean Marble and Labyrinth? Those 2 Zones everyone hated? Why do you think Green Hill Zone is the best remembered stage of the original game? It's for the speed you can get in it.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
2 years ago#8
Jobocan posted...

Lol, I don't think you've ever played a Sonic game. The series has pretty much universally revolved around flying around at high speed, and to state otherwise is idiotic.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
2 years ago#9
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Jobocan posted...

You mean Marble and Labyrinth? Those 2 Zones everyone hated? Why do you think Green Hill Zone is the best remembered stage of the original game? It's for the speed you can get in it.

I remember green hill the best because I played it every time, even when I played 5 min before going to school. The only alternative is never turning the system off. Seriously the worst part of retro games. <.<
2 years ago#10
So, it's terrible only cuz it doesn't feel like a Sonic game? How is it as just a standalone game? As a side note, it's kinda ironic how ppl always place a negative light on a game being the same game over and over again, yet when actual changes happen to a game, ppl are also negative about it. Not saying you've claimed to hate rehashes or anything. It's just that it seems that with changes or not, ya can't please everyone.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wow Sonic Lost World is terrible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived