Wow Sonic Lost World is terrible

#1nick14383Posted 10/18/2013 3:23:44 PM
I just played the game and all I have to say is what the hell happened to Sonic's speed? Even the "fast" levels feel slow by Sonic's standards. Obviously, it feels more like Mario Galaxy than it does a Sonic game, but that's the problem. I don't want a Mario themed Sonic game. It's okay to take some elements, but this is pretty much a rip-off for the most part, and comes off as a game that has been done before.
#2IokuaPosted 10/18/2013 3:28:21 PM
Yes, I'm sure you played the game and are not simply capitalizing on the fan reaction to the low to average review scores to troll.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#3JobocanPosted 10/18/2013 3:28:39 PM
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#4TerotrousPosted 10/18/2013 3:35:50 PM
Press the spindash button and get back to me.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#5TediousMattPosted 10/18/2013 3:36:32 PM
TC would rather have an on rail game with some QTEs?
That's the only way to get high speed without dying
/crashing into stuff every ten seconds.

Go play Sonic on the master system or megadrive (genesis). Let's see how much of those games is a fast blur.

Not much between the platforming section, especially if you make a mistake and end up in the slow lane.
#6ValkeeriePosted 10/18/2013 3:59:35 PM
I just think the whole design doesn't fit the Wii U. I mean, it is a console capable of boasting great visuals, but it has a weak processor to handle speed and fluidity, so much that the game's focus on motion smoothness works against the console's strengths. It's like developing a Sonic game for the SNES, where beautiful imagery would have to be sacrificed for speed... I would have preferred lower frame-rate and more detail in its modelling and texturing for immersing world-like levels, to accommodate its slower pace and exploration potential, which also means ditching the tubular, forward centered design. All of this 60 FPS crap is going to destroy Wii U games' potential if developers don't push that VDP and don't stop wasting the RAM on unnecessary tasks. That means a slower game than Generations, but more beautiful and with wider levels.
---
If there was no entry in the Past of whatever I will become,
Then I travelled to the Future the moment that I was gone!
#7The_Shadow_LinkPosted 10/18/2013 4:02:51 PM
Jobocan posted...
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).

You mean Marble and Labyrinth? Those 2 Zones everyone hated? Why do you think Green Hill Zone is the best remembered stage of the original game? It's for the speed you can get in it.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#8JKatarnPosted 10/18/2013 4:07:37 PM
Jobocan posted...

Lol, I don't think you've ever played a Sonic game. The series has pretty much universally revolved around flying around at high speed, and to state otherwise is idiotic.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#9TediousMattPosted 10/18/2013 4:12:10 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Jobocan posted...

You mean Marble and Labyrinth? Those 2 Zones everyone hated? Why do you think Green Hill Zone is the best remembered stage of the original game? It's for the speed you can get in it.

I remember green hill the best because I played it every time, even when I played 5 min before going to school. The only alternative is never turning the system off. Seriously the worst part of retro games. <.<
#10userfrigginamePosted 10/18/2013 4:17:26 PM(edited)
So, it's terrible only cuz it doesn't feel like a Sonic game? How is it as just a standalone game? As a side note, it's kinda ironic how ppl always place a negative light on a game being the same game over and over again, yet when actual changes happen to a game, ppl are also negative about it. Not saying you've claimed to hate rehashes or anything. It's just that it seems that with changes or not, ya can't please everyone.