Wow Sonic Lost World is terrible

#11STN79Posted 10/18/2013 4:14:44 PM
Try zooming around at high speeds in every stage from Sonic 1 except Green hill and tell me how long you last. There's pits, spikes traps and enemies that'll make that damn near impossible.
Heck even try it in Chemical plant from Sonic 2. Watch how fast you end up drowning in the acid.
I'd also like to see someone try speeding though that last three stages.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#12jackorhoadsPosted 10/18/2013 4:15:29 PM
For people complaining about speed - I challenge them to get S ranks on time attack.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#13Zohar_MetatronPosted 10/18/2013 4:24:15 PM
JKatarn posted...
Jobocan posted...
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).

Lol, I don't think you've ever played a Sonic game. The series has pretty much universally revolved around flying around at high speed, and to state otherwise is idiotic.

There's actually very few places in the Genesis titles where you're moving at top speed for any significant length of time.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#14TallWhiteNinjaPosted 10/18/2013 4:27:54 PM
JKatarn posted...
Jobocan posted...
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).

Lol, I don't think you've ever played a Sonic game. The series has pretty much universally revolved around flying around at high speed, and to state otherwise is idiotic.

The Genesis games were more about branching paths and manipulating the ball physics than balls-to-the-wall speed. Speed was certainly an element, but not to the degree it came to dominate recent games in the series (i.e. "boost to win").
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
#15STN79Posted 10/18/2013 4:29:34 PM(edited)
Here's something amusing on the subject. An IGN article talking about how it's good to slow Sonic down for lost world.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/23/sonic-lost-world-why-slowing-down-is-a-good-thing

Funny how the review gets out and that's one of their biggest problems with the game.
Talk about doing a total 180 after those glowing impressions a while back eh?
Still think IGN's review is worth a damn considering their bass ackwards opinions?
---
#16SkyCrackersPosted 10/18/2013 4:28:53 PM
Personally, I couldn't be happier that Sonic is going back to his roots as an actual platformer, not some kind of twitch-action semi-automated speedfest. Although the reviews do cast doubt on the quality of the game.
---
"Darwin gave us sensory organs for a purpose" -my friend, demonstrating his understanding of evolution
#17STN79Posted 10/18/2013 4:34:50 PM
I don't know about you guys but to me the modern games felt alot like a racing game with Sonic in place of a vehicle. You know the whole boost to win thing. It's really pretty dumbed down from the Genesis days when you had to be careful and watch where you're dashing around. The only parts where you really went fast were the loop de loops and corkscrews. Alot of times you had to take it easy and be mindful of your surroundings or you'd fall right into a pit and die.
---
#18Mandrew257Posted 10/18/2013 4:38:41 PM
TediousMatt posted...
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Jobocan posted...

You mean Marble and Labyrinth? Those 2 Zones everyone hated? Why do you think Green Hill Zone is the best remembered stage of the original game? It's for the speed you can get in it.

I remember green hill the best because I played it every time, even when I played 5 min before going to school. The only alternative is never turning the system off. Seriously the worst part of retro games. <.<

Not too mention. Alot of first level stages were very similar to Green Hill.
---
WATCH OUT! HE'S GOT GETTING AWAY FROM THE COPS SPEED!
#19JKatarnPosted 10/18/2013 4:48:00 PM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
JKatarn posted...
Jobocan posted...

There's actually very few places in the Genesis titles where you're moving at top speed for any significant length of time.

Yes, but the statement that "Sonic was never about speed" is patently false - sure, you're not always flying around at top speed, but I've played through most of the Genesis sonic titles and a great deal of your time time is spent running/spinning down inclines, being zipped through/flipping through various tubes, boosting through curves and being flung into the sky etc, the games have always been about quick action, quick reactions and knowledge of the levels vs. the slower exploratory nature of other platform games.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#20STN79Posted 10/18/2013 4:55:21 PM
If you zoom around like crazy in the Genesis games you aren't likely to last long though. If they didn't want you to explore a little there wouldn't be all those multiple paths, hidden lives or rings to collect for the purpose of staying alive and lasting until the end. How do you ever expect to keep your rings if you go slamming into baddies, dropping into pits or crashing into spikes all the time?
When i play Sonic i like to take it easy and enjoy the stage. Slow and steady wins the race after all.
---