Wow Sonic Lost World is terrible

#21FenderMasterPosted 10/18/2013 4:02:15 PM
It's not the lack of speed that make sit bad, it's the bad controls
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#22FenderMasterPosted 10/18/2013 4:20:58 PM
JKatarn posted...
Jobocan posted...
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).

Lol, I don't think you've ever played a Sonic game. The series has pretty much universally revolved around flying around at high speed, and to state otherwise is idiotic.

Have you played a Sonic game? It was 80% precision platforming with fast bits as a reward...

Sky Chase, Labyrinth, Star Light, Aquatic Ruin, Hill Top, Sky Sanctuary, Lava Reef... Go play some classic, Sonic man, it's a platformer first and foremost
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#23HayashiTakaraPosted 10/18/2013 4:25:04 PM
Sonic games requires you to stop and move precisely, there are more instances than not that if you're just blitzing you'll die.
#24LordGeoPosted 10/18/2013 4:42:45 PM
JKatarn posted...
the games have always been about quick action, quick reactions and knowledge of the levels vs. the slower exploratory nature of other platform games.

Funny how you can be both right & wrong at the same time. Yes, Sonic games, especially the old ones, can be played with a focus on fast action, quick reaction, & level memorization... But you can also play the games with a focus on slow exploration. The stages were large & had branching paths, allowing each playthrough to be slightly different each time. You could very well have fun simply looking around the stages & finding out where each path goes (you had ten minutes, after all), and one of my favorite "Sonic" games, Knuckles' Chaotix, actually puts exploration at more of the forefront than speed (that said, my favorite Chaotix stage is Speed Slider, which is all about getting to the end fast).

That was part of the appeal of Sonic: You could go through the stages as fast as you wanted, or you could take your time & explore... Or you could try to mix the two together, even. Saying that "Sonic has always been about speed" is false, mainly because Sonic's appeal was going fast, but at the same time exploration had its rewards, too.
---
Boomerang Hook! Galactica... Magnum!
Hurricane! Bolt! Jet Upper! Special Rolling Thunder!
#25tizzywilkillyouPosted 10/18/2013 5:24:43 PM
Valkeerie posted...
I just think the whole design doesn't fit the Wii U. I mean, it is a console capable of boasting great visuals, but it has a weak processor to handle speed and fluidity, so much that the game's focus on motion smoothness works against the console's strengths. It's like developing a Sonic game for the SNES, where beautiful imagery would have to be sacrificed for speed... I would have preferred lower frame-rate and more detail in its modelling and texturing for immersing world-like levels, to accommodate its slower pace and exploration potential, which also means ditching the tubular, forward centered design. All of this 60 FPS crap is going to destroy Wii U games' potential if developers don't push that VDP and don't stop wasting the RAM on unnecessary tasks. That means a slower game than Generations, but more beautiful and with wider levels.

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you...
#26retrogoodsPosted 10/18/2013 5:39:06 PM
LordGeo posted...
JKatarn posted...
the games have always been about quick action, quick reactions and knowledge of the levels vs. the slower exploratory nature of other platform games.

Funny how you can be both right & wrong at the same time. Yes, Sonic games, especially the old ones, can be played with a focus on fast action, quick reaction, & level memorization... But you can also play the games with a focus on slow exploration. The stages were large & had branching paths, allowing each playthrough to be slightly different each time. You could very well have fun simply looking around the stages & finding out where each path goes (you had ten minutes, after all), and one of my favorite "Sonic" games, Knuckles' Chaotix, actually puts exploration at more of the forefront than speed (that said, my favorite Chaotix stage is Speed Slider, which is all about getting to the end fast).

That was part of the appeal of Sonic: You could go through the stages as fast as you wanted, or you could take your time & explore... Or you could try to mix the two together, even. Saying that "Sonic has always been about speed" is false, mainly because Sonic's appeal was going fast, but at the same time exploration had its rewards, too.

My thoughts exactly. People are spoiled by the speed in Sonic games. That's why I can enjoy a game like Sonic 3D Blast. I enjoy exploring the levels of that and other Sonic games.
---
Nintendrones and RPG freaks make me sick to my stomach. You're not true gamers. Play other genres without being biased you freaks.
#27Banjo2553Posted 10/18/2013 5:47:45 PM
jackorhoads posted...
For people complaining about speed - I challenge them to get S ranks on time attack.

Time Attack has the ranking system? Huh, I was beginning to think they removed the ranking system, since I didn't see it in main gameplay.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#28DroneHunterPosted 10/18/2013 5:49:01 PM
FenderMaster posted...
It's not the lack of speed that make sit bad, it's the bad controls

Do u have the game? If not then your're nothing but a slave to the reveiwers
---
3ds Friend code: 4554 0783 8442
nnid: Pistopete Xbox Live: PISTOPETE108
#29Forever_BlackPosted 10/18/2013 5:57:42 PM
Jobocan posted...
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).

Dude all the most memorable Sonic levels were the ones that had a lot of speed sections. The best sonic game, Sonic 3&K had a lot of speed. Generations, the best recent Sonic game had a lot of speed. Hell the Sonic franchise was revived due to the innovation of the boost button. The game design still could use some work but it was a great direction to the franchise. Speed is what makes Sonic. Slowing him down to Sonic 06 level is garbage. SEGA finally found a way to make Sonic work in 3D and crybaby fans cried about it being too fast. Now we have a Mario Galaxy rip off that isn't nowhere near as good as Mario Galaxy.
#30segagamerPosted 10/18/2013 6:05:31 PM
The developers wanted this game to appeal to mario fans. I'm serious.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)