Wow Sonic Lost World is terrible

#31tuna-eggPosted 10/18/2013 7:20:47 PM
segagamer posted...
The developers wanted this game to appeal to mario fans. I'm serious.

Which is a good thing in my book. I love Mario. I like Sonic, too, but I don't like how I feel like I'm not controlling him at all when all he does is boost.
#32ValkeeriePosted 10/18/2013 10:50:33 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
Valkeerie posted...
I just think the whole design doesn't fit the Wii U. I mean, it is a console capable of boasting great visuals, but it has a weak processor to handle speed and fluidity, so much that the game's focus on motion smoothness works against the console's strengths. It's like developing a Sonic game for the SNES, where beautiful imagery would have to be sacrificed for speed... I would have preferred lower frame-rate and more detail in its modelling and texturing for immersing world-like levels, to accommodate its slower pace and exploration potential, which also means ditching the tubular, forward centered design. All of this 60 FPS crap is going to destroy Wii U games' potential if developers don't push that VDP and don't stop wasting the RAM on unnecessary tasks. That means a slower game than Generations, but more beautiful and with wider levels.

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you...

No, but it was fun pretending ;)
---
If there was no entry in the Past of whatever I will become,
Then I travelled to the Future the moment that I was gone!
#33stevieb1234567Posted 10/18/2013 11:06:04 PM
Jobocan posted...
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).

Sonic was always fast that was the whole premise. Im old enough to know. Remember the commercials for original sonic on genesis. Speed was the whole point. They said in commercial because of the genesis processing power they were able to do that and were taking a jab at nintendo because of the power of genesis. I remember. Sonic always and will always be about speed.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#34Sir_HaxorPosted 10/18/2013 11:13:59 PM
stevieb1234567 posted...
Jobocan posted...
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).

Sonic was always fast that was the whole premise. Im old enough to know. Remember the commercials for original sonic on genesis. Speed was the whole point. They said in commercial because of the genesis processing power they were able to do that and were taking a jab at nintendo because of the power of genesis. I remember. Sonic always and will always be about speed.

Please go back and play a classic sonic game. Speed was a reward for knowing how to take advantage of the platforming. The guys bringing up S3&K definitely got killed and hit a lot if they just blazed through everything.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#35CM_MojicaPosted 10/18/2013 11:55:48 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...
Jobocan posted...

Please go back and play a classic sonic game. Speed was a reward for knowing how to take advantage of the platforming. The guys bringing up S3&K definitely got killed and hit a lot if they just blazed through everything.

And stevie was never seen again...
---
Hunter1534
#36stevieb1234567Posted 10/19/2013 12:04:43 AM
CM_Mojica posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...
Jobocan posted...

And stevie was never seen again...

U have a point to an extent but speed overall was the whole premise around sonic. Im 35 I rem well and the commercial for it and that's all they talked about
---
Posted using GameFlux
#37Tortus2Posted 10/19/2013 12:46:04 AM
I'm curious, but what did people think of Sonic 2 for the Game Gear? I remember that being all about platforming and I really enjoyed that game.

So, the platforming aspect is the main reason I'm looking forward to playing Lost World so much.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351
#38LordrvPosted 10/19/2013 2:31:37 AM
gaiz itz sanic sanic is the best ever!
#39Forever_BlackPosted 10/19/2013 2:31:41 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...
Jobocan posted...

Not blazed through level but they did offer a lot of speed section. And you don't just blaze through most levels in unleash or generations.either. The always had sections where you had to slow down. It wasn't until you became familiar with the stage that you can start boost with confidence.
#40wisemiddsPosted 10/19/2013 3:03:45 AM
I'm enjoying it so far- don't see what the problem is?! Another +1 for my Wii U as far as I'm concerned.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
NNID, PSN: wisemidds