Wow Sonic Lost World is terrible

#51Rasputin77Posted 10/21/2013 9:31:56 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
Iokua posted...
Yes, I'm sure you played the game and are not simply capitalizing on the fan reaction to the low to average review scores to troll.

Because how dare someone agree with a negative review? Having played it myself, I can 100% agree that it is lacking in speed, the platforming isn't great, the parkour is no where near as fun as it seemed, and the game is overall lacking. The graphics and writing are all I would really praise.

Hey... HEY!!

What the hell is wrong with you?

Someone else having an opinion about a game you don't yet have an opinion about + that opinion not being what you think your opinion will be = insta-troll.

C'mon man, learn the ropes. ;)
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
I admit - it's totally my fault for not remembering how young and naive some of you are.
#52segagamerPosted 10/21/2013 9:37:38 AM
HermeticJustice posted...
segagamer posted...
The developers wanted this game to appeal to mario fans. I'm serious.

mario fans are just gaming fans

seriously, mario doesn't appeal to a certain demographic, my mother loves mario and she hardly plays games

wiiudaily.com/2013/07/sega-on-sonic-lost-world/‎
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
#53hiphops_saviorPosted 10/21/2013 9:38:38 AM
Valkeerie posted...
I just think the whole design doesn't fit the Wii U. I mean, it is a console capable of boasting great visuals, but it has a weak processor to handle speed and fluidity, so much that the game's focus on motion smoothness works against the console's strengths. It's like developing a Sonic game for the SNES, where beautiful imagery would have to be sacrificed for speed... I would have preferred lower frame-rate and more detail in its modelling and texturing for immersing world-like levels, to accommodate its slower pace and exploration potential, which also means ditching the tubular, forward centered design. All of this 60 FPS crap is going to destroy Wii U games' potential if developers don't push that VDP and don't stop wasting the RAM on unnecessary tasks. That means a slower game than Generations, but more beautiful and with wider levels.

What do you mean weak processor? MHz isn't everything. The myth was already debunked over ten years ago.

Oh, and the EDRAM allows more efficient use of RAM.
#54DDP886Posted 10/21/2013 9:40:23 AM
Just played this game at my bros crib(he has a advance copy) and wow; this game is a big disappointment. Some of the stage design is cool but the gameplay is slow and blotchy. Also the controls are horrid
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#55HermeticJusticePosted 10/21/2013 9:49:13 AM
segagamer posted...
segagamer posted...

seriously, mario doesn't appeal to a certain demographic, my mother loves mario and she hardly plays games

I guess you have nothing to say then, my point goes undisputed
---
Currently Watching:
St. Elsewhere, Days of Our Lives, Full House
#56HermeticJusticePosted 10/21/2013 9:56:13 AM(edited)
DDP886 posted...
Just played this game at my bros crib(he has a advance copy) and wow; this game is a big disappointment. Some of the stage design is cool but the gameplay is slow and blotchy. Also the controls are horrid

this comment is worse then your lineup of horrible NY teams
---
Currently Watching:
St. Elsewhere, Days of Our Lives, Full House
#57Ness0123456789Posted 10/21/2013 10:02:49 AM(edited)
Jobocan posted...
Sonic was never about speed. Just sayin'. Go back and play the first game (all the way through, not just the first 2-3 worlds).

Sweet baby moses why has this become a thing for people trying to defend a medicore Sonic game?

Sonic has *ALWAYS* been about speed. Period. Yes, there have always been a handful of levels in the games that focus on platforming over speed to break up the monotony, but the Sonic games have awlays been about getting through a level as quickly as possible.

This is like saying Mario games aren't about platforming because there are some explorable branching paths in them. Yes, there are places where you need to slow down and do mild platforming, like I said before. But at the end of the day, the Genesis Titles were about getting through the level as quickly as possible. That's why you had that lovely little timer in the top right hand corner marking how long it took you to complete a stage.

And no, you didn't need to explore every nook and cranny to finish a level. I can plow through the Sonic Trilogy on the Genesis now after years of playing them without ever stopping to collect the shinies unless I'm going for a Super Run, and even than, Sonic 3 made it possible to get all seven Chaso Emeralds within the first Zone so you could focus more on blazing a trail through the rest of the game instead of trying to find the Big Rings.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#58segagamerPosted 10/21/2013 10:01:07 AM
segagamer posted...
segagamer posted...

I guess you have nothing to say then, my point goes undisputed

Not Mario fans as in "demographic". Mario fans as in "fans of that style of platforming"
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
#59superal1966Posted 10/21/2013 10:09:38 AM
Sonic has always primarily been about speed. Unfortunately that is a fact.

On top of the numerous reasons given my other people in this topic, the vast number of topics created about Sonic games which comment on the speed of the game is a good indication that it is part of what Sonic is about.
#60ssjgohhkuPosted 10/21/2013 2:27:50 PM
Sony Ponies are jealous.