Do you think Sonic Lost World...

#1Mandrew257Posted 10/18/2013 5:14:11 PM
Is in the same boat as Wonderful 101? People complained about the controls because they didnt want to take time out to learn them, so they bashed the game for that. But the people who did learn the controls actually loved the game.
---
WATCH OUT! HE'S GOT GETTING AWAY FROM THE COPS SPEED!
#2abigexplosionPosted 10/18/2013 5:17:55 PM
Haven't played Lost World yet. Though based on IGN calling it too hard, I'd say it's possible.
---
Not changing this signature until a new F-Zero is announced. *started 6/18/10*
F-Zero > Mario Kart. If you disagree, it's because you're bad at F-Zero.
#3Mandrew257(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 5:20:44 PM(edited)
abigexplosion posted...
Haven't played Lost World yet. Though based on IGN calling it too hard, I'd say it's possible.

I cant draw a straight line! That does it, W101 is a bad game.
---
#4Sylar100Posted 10/18/2013 5:33:36 PM(edited)
Mandrew257 posted...
Is in the same boat as Wonderful 101? People complained about the controls because they didnt want to take time out to learn them, so they bashed the game for that. But the people who did learn the controls actually loved the game.

I don't think the problem is they didn't take the time to learn the controls. I think its more that it's just some people may not be great with touch screen controls. Some people just don't like them. I learned the zelda DS controls just fine, that still doesn't mean the controls were good to me.

In that regard i think this is a different thing. Wonderful 101's controls were touch screen based i think, while i think Sonic is more button based. Buttons are usually easier to learn and use then touch screen gaming. Touch screen gaming sometimes seems to have more things that can go wrong with the controls.

Either way, the game just may have control issues for some. Any game can have good controls for some, and bad controls for others.
#5wugeezyPosted 10/18/2013 5:31:15 PM
The review spread for wonderful 101 was better. It was just the trolls calling 7.8 or 7.9's bad. Sonic though has a pretty bad review spread. I loved wonderful 101. I do want to play sonic but my hopes for that one are not too high.
#6HayashiTakaraPosted 10/18/2013 5:43:55 PM
I don't recall IGN saying it was hard (sonic) I recall the reviewer saying Sonic isn't fast enough, so it doesn't feel like a Sonic game, so therefore it's bad.
#7Bahamut_10thPosted 10/18/2013 5:57:21 PM
Not really.
I think they're getting low scores because they're Wii U exclusives.
---
Learn to report topics and posts: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/?cat=18
And stop flooding.
#8DTY3Posted 10/18/2013 6:00:43 PM
Sylar100 posted...
Mandrew257 posted...

I don't think the problem is they didn't take the time to learn the controls. I think its more that it's just some people may not be great with touch screen controls. Some people just don't like them. I learned the zelda DS controls just fine, that still doesn't mean the controls were good to me.

In that regard i think this is a different thing. Wonderful 101's controls were touch screen based i think, while i think Sonic is more button based. Buttons are usually easier to learn and use then touch screen gaming. Touch screen gaming sometimes seems to have more things that can go wrong with the controls.

Either way, the game just may have control issues for some. Any game can have good controls for some, and bad controls for others.

You could play the entire game (W101) with the Classic Controller.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#9Mandrew257(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 6:03:49 PM
DTY3 posted...
Sylar100 posted...
Mandrew257 posted...

You could play the entire game (W101) with the Classic Controller.

I played through the whole game with the Pro :)
---
#10The13DoctorsPosted 10/18/2013 6:10:22 PM
TW101 isn't Sonic. The game will do really well, 1-2 million sales, probably more.

Reviewers are just salty because politics.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D