It's sad how people will judge games without playing them.

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 10/18/2013 6:07:01 PM
Not one fanbase isn't guilty of this. It's happened with all sorts of games: Call of Duty, DmC Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors, 2D Mario games, and now Sonic Lost World. There's a difference between parroting a review and speaking from experience. People on this board are definitely parroting.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#2EndgamePosted 10/18/2013 6:14:25 PM
we've been burned far too many times to justify the whole buying games before judging them thing
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#3Bahamut_10thPosted 10/18/2013 6:15:50 PM
Endgame posted...
we've been burned far too many times to justify the whole buying games before judging them thing

That's why you judge everything without playing in the past decade.
---
Learn to report topics and posts: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/?cat=18
And stop flooding.
#4SegavsCapcom(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 6:16:04 PM
Endgame posted...
I've been burned far too many times to justify the whole buying games before judging them thing

Fixed. Stop speaking for the Nintendo "fanbase". You're really bad at it.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#5Mandrew257Posted 10/18/2013 6:24:55 PM(edited)
It's not that I disagree with him about the controls(seeing as I haven't played it.) It was just that, that was the main focus of the review. Didn't mention the new enemies the deadly six, talked about level design for like 2 seconds, didn't talk about story, probably didn't know the spin dash existed because if he did he would know that the games goes faster with it. And he said the game was slow and controlled poorly, yet he called Sonic 4 a success.

EDIT: Also didn't talk about the soundtrack which is one of the things I look most forward to in Sonic games :(
---
WATCH OUT! HE'S GOT GETTING AWAY FROM THE COPS SPEED!
#6lilburritoPosted 10/18/2013 6:44:04 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Not one fanbase isn't guilty of this. It's happened with all sorts of games: Call of Duty, DmC Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors, 2D Mario games, and now Sonic Lost World. There's a difference between parroting a review and speaking from experience. People on this board are definitely parroting.

Exactly, it really is quite sad.

The worth of a game cannot be determined for "you" through another "individuals experience" of that game. Just like how we each have our own distinct tastes in food, music, art, etc. we each have our own tastes in Video Games.

To make it simpler would you rather let someone tell you that fried chicken sucks and that you shouldn't eat it because it wasn't suited for "them" or would you rather try it for yourself to see whether it really suited you or not? It's that same logic that applies to video games. You have to experience it for yourself before you can truly make a proper judgement on it's worth to "you". Otherwise you really are just parroting.
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"