I need help please. Thinking of getting a Wii U next week, and I have questions.

#1IAMTH3GUYVERPosted 10/19/2013 4:20:35 AM
I currently have $400.00 down on an XBOX ONE pre-order at GameStop, but was thinking about cancelling it and just spend it on a new Wii U. But before I do that, I was hoping some of you may be able to help me on some things..

1.) Can I play games with the Game Pad while its charging?

2.) Does the Game Pad HAVE to be plugged into a wall outlet, or can I plug it into the Wii U itself?

3.) Is the PRO controller worth getting? Is it good for games like Batman: Arkham City and Call Of Duty?

4.) Does the Wii U have a trophy/achievement system like XBOX and PS? Doesn't matter if it does or not, just curious.

5.) I've heard from a couple of people that the system is very slow and takes a long time to load games. Is this true?

Pretty much any help at all and tips and info you can throw at me would be great! I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the 64 days, so I'm pretty ignorant on this console. Thanks in advance!
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#2xHOJUxPosted 10/19/2013 4:25:27 AM
IAMTH3GUYVER posted...
I currently have $400.00 down on an XBOX ONE pre-order at GameStop, but was thinking about cancelling it and just spend it on a new Wii U. But before I do that, I was hoping some of you may be able to help me on some things..

2.) Does the Game Pad HAVE to be plugged into a wall outlet, or can I plug it into the Wii U itself?

3.) Is the PRO controller worth getting? Is it good for games like Batman: Arkham City and Call Of Duty?

4.) Does the Wii U have a trophy/achievement system like XBOX and PS? Doesn't matter if it does or not, just curious.

5.) I've heard from a couple of people that the system is very slow and takes a long time to load games. Is this true?

Pretty much any help at all and tips and info you can throw at me would be great! I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the 64 days, so I'm pretty ignorant on this console. Thanks in advance!

1. Yes.

2. Has to be plugged into the wall.

3. Really a personal preference, you may want one you may be fine with the gamepad.

4. No trophy/achievements

5. Yeah it's kind of slow, even after they patched it to be faster.
---
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spinning-pile-driver/id481542152
#3thefabregas22Posted 10/19/2013 4:27:13 AM
IAMTH3GUYVER posted...

1 Yes
2 needs wall outlet
3 imo yes, I prefer the gamepad for all games but the pro controller is great for multiplayer
4 no
5 used to be, but load times are a lot faster now.

Make sure you get zombi u, lego city undercover and wonderful 101. Especially wonderful 101 as it's one of the best action games I've ever played. Hope you enjoy the wii u :)
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#4AlexFiliPosted 10/19/2013 4:50:22 AM
They have been working on reducing loading times in system menus and so far the patched address those issues. I haven't bought a pro controller, many games have multiple possible control options
---
Like Dragonball Z? Check out my LSW GBC game blog!
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/
#5BoomerTheGreatPosted 10/19/2013 4:56:11 AM
IAMTH3GUYVER posted...

3. The pro controller is great for people who like a classic controller like the Xbox 360 controller but its lighter and I like it a little better. The battery life on the Pro Controller lasts a really long time because it has its own rechargable battery inside it. Really a must have if you like Xbox 360s controller.

5. The load times are fine once you get the latest update. It runs a little faster than the X360.
---
Greatness comes from within
#6segagamerPosted 10/19/2013 5:45:23 AM
Why are you switching tc?

Both systems will be great.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
#7NeoN1976Posted 10/19/2013 7:00:45 AM
IAMTH3GUYVER posted...

1: YES

2: If you only have the Charger that came with the system then you have to use a wall outlet but if you purchase a the separate usb cable then you can charge it in just about anything that has usb 2.0 or better but I have not tried the usb cable with the system because I've always been told the system does not provide enough power through usb for charging..

3: I think the Pro controller is great. I have both games mentioned and I use the Pro controller often when playing those titles.(oh yeah you maybe able to get the white pro controller at Best Buy still for about $10 and if they are sold out talk to the store manager and he or she might let have the black one for that price...

4: No Trophy system but Miiverse is awesome....

5: Not really the only game that I have noticed considerable load times with after I updated my system was Splinter Cell Blacklist..
#8IAMTH3GUYVER(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 6:10:07 PM
segagamer posted...
Why are you switching tc?

Both systems will be great.

I'm not set on doing it just yet. I'm just thinking about it. I would love to get an XBOX ONE but I can't help but think back to when the 360 first came out. I've went through several of them until the Slim came out. I'm just worried that something is going to happen again this time. I also would love to get a Wii U. I figured that I should wait until Spring or summer to grab an XBOX or PS4, and see how things are from other people first.

Thanks for the information everyone!
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#9ghostofspartapPosted 10/19/2013 6:48:17 PM
who needs trophies or achievments? they do nothing
---
PSN-P4R4N01AK<----> WIIU-heroeoftime <----> SORRY FOR MY BAD GRAMMAR IM NOT AMERICAN I DONT SPEAK AMERICAN
#10Ben ReillyPosted 10/19/2013 7:05:55 PM
ghostofspartap posted...
who needs trophies or achievments? they do nothing

who needs video games? they do nothing
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"