I need help please. Thinking of getting a Wii U next week, and I have questions.

#11Big_Daddy_TPosted 10/19/2013 8:22:29 PM
ghostofspartap posted...
who needs trophies or achievments? they do nothing

my thoughts exactly, I dont need a fake number beside my name to tell me how much fun I had with a game. I come up with my own goals in games, I dont need someone to tell me them.

Ive never been one to seek out achievements and go for them, so to me the absence of achievements/trophies is not an absence at all.
---
3DS FC: 3437-4032-0260
Inbox me if you add me so i can add you
#12blankempathyPosted 10/19/2013 8:38:39 PM
Big_Daddy_T posted...
ghostofspartap posted...

my thoughts exactly, I dont need a fake number beside my name to tell me how much fun I had with a game. I come up with my own goals in games, I dont need someone to tell me them.

Ive never been one to seek out achievements and go for them, so to me the absence of achievements/trophies is not an absence at all.

Different strokes for different folks.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#13gnomelord255Posted 10/19/2013 8:43:20 PM
IAMTH3GUYVER posted...
I currently have $400.00 down on an XBOX ONE pre-order at GameStop, but was thinking about cancelling it and just spend it on a new Wii U. But before I do that, I was hoping some of you may be able to help me on some things..

1.) Can I play games with the Game Pad while its charging?

2.) Does the Game Pad HAVE to be plugged into a wall outlet, or can I plug it into the Wii U itself?

3.) Is the PRO controller worth getting? Is it good for games like Batman: Arkham City and Call Of Duty?

4.) Does the Wii U have a trophy/achievement system like XBOX and PS? Doesn't matter if it does or not, just curious.

5.) I've heard from a couple of people that the system is very slow and takes a long time to load games. Is this true?

Pretty much any help at all and tips and info you can throw at me would be great! I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the 64 days, so I'm pretty ignorant on this console. Thanks in advance!

1) Yes
2) Outlet only
3) No (my opinion)
4) No
5) No
#14stevieb1234567Posted 10/19/2013 9:06:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15KingBeetlePosted 10/19/2013 9:15:32 PM
Yes.
2.) Does the Game Pad HAVE to be plugged into a wall outlet, or can I plug it into the Wii U itself?
Wall.
3.) Is the PRO controller worth getting? Is it good for games like Batman: Arkham City and Call Of Duty?
It's worth getting for Call of Duty or Monster Hunter, but it's not compatible with Arkham City.
4.) Does the Wii U have a trophy/achievement system like XBOX and PS? Doesn't matter if it does or not, just curious.
Nope.
5.) I've heard from a couple of people that the system is very slow and takes a long time to load games. Is this true?
It takes a bit to load them, but the OS have improved heavily over the past updates. Nothing to worry about.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Er, sometimes.
#16IAMTH3GUYVER(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 11:13:58 PM
ghostofspartap posted...

They're not needed, but it definitely gives the game replay value.
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#17IAMTH3GUYVER(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 11:15:55 PM
KingBeetle posted...
Yes.
Wall.
It's worth getting for Call of Duty or Monster Hunter, but it's not compatible with Arkham City.
Nope.
It takes a bit to load them, but the OS have improved heavily over the past updates. Nothing to worry about.

You said the PRO controller is NOT compatible with Arkham City but someone else here said they use it for COD and that game. So which is it? Is it compatible or not?
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#18Waggy17Posted 10/20/2013 12:10:23 AM(edited)
2. Yes, you can charge the GamePad via USB. I almost exclusively charge mine from my laptop. I was able to charge from Wii U USB while travelling in a vehicle as well.

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Charge%20Link%20for%20Wii%20U

To those answering to the contrary: get your facts straight before trying to contribute.
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg