Have the feeling that this Gen is only going to be PS4 vs WiiU

#1HayashiTakaraPosted 10/19/2013 8:28:07 AM
So with all the negativity surrounding the XBOne, and recent news of M$ selling your personal information to advertisers obtained from the XBOne, I think they just pulled the final straw with that one. I think it'll just end up being the PS4 and WiiU this coming console wars.

Agree or Disagree?
#2jackorhoadsPosted 10/19/2013 8:30:04 AM
Yeah pretty much. Unless the xbox comes out with some funky new IPs that interest me, I'm burned out on Halo and Gears. The PS4 has nothing atm to make me want to buy it but that'll likely change. I'm quite happy with wiiu/ps3 for 2013/14 tbh.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#3LemonKweenstaaaPosted 10/19/2013 8:30:29 AM
Disagree. Don't underestimate the power of casuals. Xbox One will sell because of the name recognition alone.
---
Kill the Prez
#4Dev0311Posted 10/19/2013 8:43:49 AM
Agreed. The Xbone is gonna flop like Goldeen out of water.
#5Dannyson97Posted 10/19/2013 8:48:27 AM
Somewhat, but the Xbox one will do ok, in America. The rest of the world isn't as forgiving to all the policies Microsoft had to remove. Doesn't help most of the features don't work outside the U.S and that it's only available in 13 countries at launch, 22 by 2014, still leaving a quite a few countries unable get one. To make matters worse the overlords at Microsoft are losing their patience if Xbox doesn't start making money in the right direction they will cut the Xbox division.
That being said Sony isn't exactly the most financially stable and not just in there gaming division it's make it or break with the PS4, the PS3 lost all their PS2 win money. So whoever goes down first the other will pick up the others install.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 10/19/2013 8:49:25 AM
I think it's just going to be PS4 for a while. The Xbox One doesn't have much going for it right now for gamers (it has a lot for the TV enthusiast though), and the Wii U has another mostly barren holiday lineup. I think the Wii U's going to end up decent after some more exclusives come out, but until then, I think it's just going to largely be the PS4 on the gaming front.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#7lp913Posted 10/19/2013 8:57:23 AM
Dannyson97 posted...
Somewhat, but the Xbox one will do ok, in America. The rest of the world isn't as forgiving to all the policies Microsoft had to remove. Doesn't help most of the features don't work outside the U.S and that it's only available in 13 countries at launch, 22 by 2014, still leaving a quite a few countries unable get one. To make matters worse the overlords at Microsoft are losing their patience if Xbox doesn't start making money in the right direction they will cut the Xbox division.
That being said Sony isn't exactly the most financially stable and not just in there gaming division it's make it or break with the PS4, the PS3 lost all their PS2 win money. So whoever goes down first the other will pick up the others install.

^ I agree with your post.

NovaLevossida posted...
I think it's just going to be PS4 for a while. The Xbox One doesn't have much going for it right now for gamers (it has a lot for the TV enthusiast though), and the Wii U has another mostly barren holiday lineup. I think the Wii U's going to end up decent after some more exclusives come out, but until then, I think it's just going to largely be the PS4 on the gaming front.

^ I really don't see PS4 taking off like that....without exclusives to really make it stand out, its probably gonna be holiday 2014 before the PS4 get the sales you and many others are expecting. All the upcoming Wii U exclusives will carry Nintendo on through, and DO expect a huge boost in hardware sales when Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. come out. When they do, make no mistake about it they WILL be the biggest games out at the time of release, and if they are advertised with fun online modes that will only keep them on the sales charts for quite a good while.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#8HayashiTakara(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 8:59:34 AM
NovaLevossida posted...

Barren?

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Skylanders SWAP Force
Call of Duty: Ghosts**
Sonic Lost World
Just Dance 2014
Assassinís Creed IV: Black Flag
Wii Party U***
Super Mario 3D World***
Wii Fit U***
Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Game**
*insert indie games*

Looks pretty solid to me. The PS4 is like 95% PS3 games,
#9neversayeverPosted 10/19/2013 9:04:29 AM
I like the old systems better. If i want a super computer, i buy one. A decent looking one. Even nintendo s wiiu is a wii with a leap pad. You guys gotta come better than this or take some time off til you do. As you can see, we will wait.
#10SegavsCapcomPosted 10/19/2013 9:16:48 AM
People keep seaming to underestimate the buying power of casuals.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom