CLupula posted...
GPRailroad posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
The top three reasons I've seen are:

-The current game line up isn't very appealing

-The hardware is underpowered and overpriced

But they'll buy a PS4 or XBOne...

Makes sense.

It does make sense, though, because of the underpowered part.

Considering the Wii U's power is only slightly more powerful than a PS3 or 360, most people think it should cost around $200 at most, since the tech is not very advanced.

The PS4 and XB1, though, are equal to mid-level PC's, so it is justifiable that they would cost a lot more.

As for other reasons why the system is not really selling: No trophy/achievement system; very little third party support; no unified online ID system; no ethernet capacity; the tablet controller; very little DLC support from the few third parties that do make games for the system; games linked to your system, not your online account; very few adult-aimed first party games; region locking; and very little HDD space. I shouldn't be required to buy an external drive when the PS3 (nevermind the PS4) comes with 500 GB HDD's in some SKU's.

While technology-wise, it is better than a PS360, in many other features, it feels like Nintendo are not even caught up to the 7th gen.

Not many people besides gamers look at specs, or the inclusion of a trophy system when making purchasing decisions...
---
Currently playing: Just Xenoblade Chronicles. Game is fantastic.
#32neversayeverPosted 10/21/2013 3:52:05 AM
It probably will sell better when all the psycho rich kids get catered to first with a million over the top blooddrenched shooters that will overshadow the games for normal people, this year. Five hundred dollers for a system sixty for a game+? You think there isnt better stuff than this? For free? Its like charging the kids down the street to play hopscotch. It cost a lot to be an eccentric snob. We dont spend enough i guess.
#33IzecPosted 10/21/2013 4:23:32 AM
GPRailroad posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

Makes sense.

Xbone will also fail, and quite possibly a lot worse than Wii U.

PS4 is less overpriced for what it is compared to the competitors. You're only going to get a fairer price for gaming hardware if you build your own PC.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#34JackalPosted 10/21/2013 4:45:36 AM
MS has made some changes with the XBO that has saved it from doom. The price may be the highest but I think that it will do better than the Wii U with unit sales and games.

Sony is poised to do well but these game delays may mean a slow start out of the gate now. I think they will recover well.

The Wii U is not the oldest and cheapest of the new generation. Sales are slowly picking up with more game releases but Nintendo needs to advertise and stop relying on Jimmy Fallon and word of mouth. When you have to make a bullet chart to tell people the differences between your new and old consoles and it still isn't meeting those exceptionally high projected sales number that you want, it's time for a new approach. They may have a rough holiday season.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#35Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/21/2013 4:47:26 AM
Jackal posted...
MS has made some changes with the XBO that has saved it from doom. The price may be the highest but I think that it will do better than the Wii U with unit sales and games.

Sony is poised to do well but these game delays may mean a slow start out of the gate now. I think they will recover well.

The Wii U is not the oldest and cheapest of the new generation. Sales are slowly picking up with more game releases but Nintendo needs to advertise and stop relying on Jimmy Fallon and word of mouth. When you have to make a bullet chart to tell people the differences between your new and old consoles and it still isn't meeting those exceptionally high projected sales number that you want, it's time for a new approach. They may have a rough holiday season.

They need to advertise but don't underestimate world of mouth. In today's age of digital information overload, it's never been easier to spread information.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#36IzecPosted 10/21/2013 4:54:37 AM(edited)
Jackal posted...
MS has made some changes with the XBO that has saved it from doom.

The changes only keep the Xbone from being a blatant Vita/Ouya/N-Gage-esque flop.

All things considered the thing is still inferior to the PS4 in most categories, more costly, less trustworthy, and in a position like the Wii U's where they have to rely on brand name and exclusives. Only, their exclusives are nowhere near as good as Nintendo's, and their brand sold the least last gen (world-wide).
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#37mcsmellingtonPosted 10/21/2013 4:56:51 AM
usaamahlink posted...
CLupula posted...
GPRailroad posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

Makes sense.

It does make sense, though, because of the underpowered part.

Considering the Wii U's power is only slightly more powerful than a PS3 or 360, most people think it should cost around $200 at most, since the tech is not very advanced.

The PS4 and XB1, though, are equal to mid-level PC's, so it is justifiable that they would cost a lot more.

As for other reasons why the system is not really selling: No trophy/achievement system; very little third party support; no unified online ID system; no ethernet capacity; the tablet controller; very little DLC support from the few third parties that do make games for the system; games linked to your system, not your online account; very few adult-aimed first party games; region locking; and very little HDD space. I shouldn't be required to buy an external drive when the PS3 (nevermind the PS4) comes with 500 GB HDD's in some SKU's.

While technology-wise, it is better than a PS360, in many other features, it feels like Nintendo are not even caught up to the 7th gen.

Not many people besides gamers look at specs, or the inclusion of a trophy system when making purchasing decisions...

No but they'll look at how nice the games look on the next gen consoles compared to the Wii U. That'll be a big deciding factor.

Anyway, I reckon it's not selling well because it's a bad console with a poor library. Then again, that never stopped the Wii, so I imagine its Nintendo's marketing dept that have dropped the ball too.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#38JackalPosted 10/21/2013 5:15:13 AM
Izec posted...
Jackal posted...

The changes only keep the Xbone from being a blatant Vita/Ouya/N-Gage-esque flop.

All things considered the thing is still inferior to the PS4 in most categories, more costly, less trustworthy, and in a position like the Wii U's where they have to rely on brand name and exclusives. Only, their exclusives are nowhere near as good as Nintendo's, and their brand sold the least last gen (world-wide).

Well, we won't have to wait much longer to find out. The 30 day to launch for that systems is almost among us.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#39Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/21/2013 5:30:08 AM
Jackal posted...
Izec posted...
Jackal posted...

Well, we won't have to wait much longer to find out. The 30 day to launch for that systems is almost among us.

This board is going to be unbearable just before and after the launches. Look at what it's like now.

Personally, I think the PS4 will sell well but it'll struggle after the initial burst. With game delays and a lot of the things coming in early 2014 being indie games, there's no real reason to pick one up at launch, especially if you already own a PS3/360 or PC. The Xbone will be similar, although it won't sell as much as the PS4. Both will have greater initial sales than the WiiU.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#40usaamahlink(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:18:11 AM
Yeah I agree, the first few days the internet is always buzzing and it seems like this is the greatest launch yet, but then you see the reality after a few days :P More than likely the PS4 will have some strong sales to start and tons of hype, but it'll fizzle out, sooner or later. XB1 in comparison will likely be a lot quieter and die out a lot quicker... but we'll likely see both console not do so well initially, just like the trend has been in the last decade. Slow to start, especially when they are above the $250 mark.
---
Currently playing: Just Xenoblade Chronicles. Game is fantastic.